1. netty

netty New Member

Query letter, advice please!

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by netty, Nov 26, 2008.

:confused:hi,I am a newbie and need your help.I have just had an article returned to me from my tutor. I was advised to make a few minor changes and then contact the Editor.* I made the changes and the it reads much better.* Now I am so nervous, is this normal?Also the thought of writing a query letter daunts me.I am in the process of writing further articles, I wonder whether I will ever have the confidence to make contact with the big bods!!!!!

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'd say it's perfectly normal for a new freelancer to be a bit nervous about querying, since the fear of rejection is compounded by the possibility it will say your work isn't good enough to be published... so, if you're sure the letter and the article you're submitting are as good as they can be, just take a deep breath and start querying!... after all, nothing can happen till you do...

love and hugs, maia

3. Sylvester

Sylvester Member

Normal being nervous?

While I consider myself as being a new writer, I submitted my first query letter to Marvel Comics nearly 30 years ago when I was young, dumb, and stupid. It was rejected.

You have a tutor to advice you and help you with your work. If you feel like your work is good submit it.

Nervous? That's normal with ANY job "interview" whether you are writing the next Twilight or running for president. A rejection isn't a death sentence, just motivation to improve for the next opportunity. Take it as constructive criticism and don't let it detour you.

Best of luck