1. riles

riles New Member

question about cd's

Discussion in 'Publishing' started by riles, Aug 2, 2007.

Hello All,

I am not sure if this is the right place for this question, if not please forgive me...

I am looking to find out if sending in a cd of your novel is acceptable or does it have to be the traditional printed out pages?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advace!

Riles

2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

you're asking in the wrong place... you need to check each venue's submission guidelines to see what they'll accept and what not... some agents/publishers will and some won't...

3. riles

riles New Member

mammamaia,

I have not been in this forum very long, if I am asking this question in the wrong place can you please direct me to the correct one? I was not trying to be difficult; I realize certain publishers have specific guidelines but was looking for just some general information!-total newbie here!

Thanks so much for getting back to me, I really appreciate it!!

Riles

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

by 'the wrong place' i meant in a forum, and not asking it of the publishers themselves... sorry if i confused you with my brevity...

the point is, there is no 'general info' other than what i just gave you... some will let you send cd's and some won't... period... that's it...

it used to be that you always had to send in a 'hard copy' [actual pages]... but with the near universal use of the computer these days, many agents and publishers now accept a cd... but i think you'll find that most still want a paper copy they can read anywhere and take pages out of to share with others in the firm...

so, the bottom line is that you'll most likely have to send out mss in the regular post, if you want your work to be read and considered for representation and/or publication....

5. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributing Member Contributor

Mammamaia is quite correct. You have to check each market's guidelines as to what they want. Some do still want hard copies. Some want only the first three chapters and synopsis and then will request the rest. Some only take online submissions (file downloads). Some are not open to unsolicited submissions, or queries only.

There is such an array of publisher and agent preferences, one 'size' does not fit all.

Terry

6. riles

riles New Member

Thank you both so much, you have given me great information and I appreciate you both taking the time to do so...

Thanks again!
    Riles