1. Silque

Silque New Member

Perdido Street Station

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Silque, Nov 3, 2008.

by China Mieville.

I've just finished reading this 'mammoth', and I have to say, wow. Seriously, this book just takes weird fiction to an entirely new level. If you like the work of H.P Lovecraft, then you'll love this.

I'm not going to go into too much detail, I'll let you unravel the wrapping as you go along, but I can't recommend this book enough. At around 800 pages, it's highly satisfying once read, but some of the imagery and character development that Mieville uses, is some of the best I've seen for a while.

Genre - Weird Fiction.

8 out of 10.

Enjoy.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I'm about 60 pages into Iron Council, Mieville's third in the Bas Lag series. If you enjoyed Perdido Street Station (I loved it) go out, right now, and buy The Scar, his second book in the series.

Each book reads independently although there is a fair bit of storyline mention each to the next. Glad to find another aficionado. :D