1. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

Question about iPod 5th gen 30GB classic battery

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Scarecrow28, Nov 9, 2008.

I recently purchased a used but good condition iPod 30GB classic 5th gen. It has some minor exterior scratches, but nothing that actually affects the ipod as most of them were on the back metal section. It works well, but I'm having difficulty with the battery. The meter keeps shifting around and saying its out of power, but it'll magically "recharge" once I turn it off. I intended to use it, see how I liked it, and, if I decided I didn't need it I was going to sell it via craigslist or ebay. Has anyone experienced this before and, if so, how should I deal with it? Thanks in advance!

2. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

Hmmm.... I have an ipod, along with the rest of my family, and I have never expierenced this problem before. I know that sometimes I'll turn the ipod off and back on and more battery will appear, but go away quickly with any usage.
    Does the ipod say dead battery after a reasonable amount of time or does it seem to go dead quickly?

3. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

It claims to be dead after a shorter amount of time (maybe an hour or less of video), but I'll turn it off, put it on hold, and turn it back on and it'll be partially recharged again and work for a while longer.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Sounds like a job for your nearest Apple Store.

5. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

I was considering that. I know I've got to pay, but will they fix it at all if I don't have a warranty? I'm not sure if I'm going to fix it up or if I'm just going to sell it and warn the potential buyers that the batteries all messed up. I'l figure it out.

6. tarnished

tarnished Contributor Contributor

Yeah, its an issue with the battery, and I know that the batter costs around $80 to replace. Atleast it did when I got one replaced.

7. Scarecrow28

Scarecrow28 New Member

:eek: Yeah, I'm probably just going to sell it and indicate that its got battery troubles. Thanks.