Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirvee

Kirvee New Member

Question on Illustrations

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Kirvee, Jul 21, 2009.

Sorry if a similar question has been posted before, but I really want to know this.

Because I personally love extras in the back of novels (especially long ones) I was hoping to make some extras for my own novel if/when it gets published/picked-up. Namely, I wanted to include my own extra (black and white) illustrations for some of the characters since I can both write and draw my characters the way I see them.

Now, a self-publishing company that contacted me quite a while (months) ago told me that they allow authors to include as many images they want if they drew them or got them commisioned (and got permission). Though I'd love to self-publish my book, my mom keeps telling me that she's heard that self-published books don't do as well as regularly published books. The self-publisher told me differently and even told me that many of their authors later get picked up by mainstream publishers after having a book or two published through them.

I guess what I'm asking is, are there any regular publishers who will allow me to add in my own extras to my own book, or is it only with self-publishing?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

This has been asked, very recently.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.