1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Getting a semi-new Power Book, need help!

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Wreybies, Jan 15, 2009.

Ok, so my brother who works in the world of tech is going to pass down to me his old (it's less than a year old) Power Book.

Any Mac users out there have good resources as to where I can go to learn some iPhilosophy, and make some iUse of my new Apple iProduct?

I would like to iLearn both systems, Mac and PC. Kinda' the same way I iAppreciate being able to iDrive both iStandard and iAutomatic.

Any iHelp? [​IMG]

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Burn it. Just burn it. Apple are the devil.

3. Wreybies

Don't ask me why, but I just pictured you saying this to me with visceral vehemence and I almost wet myself laughing. :D I even pictured you stomping on it with religious fervor.

4. Banzai

You probably imagined correctly. I have a complete hatred for apple. Mostly due to itunes. Whoever designed that piece of dren really does need to be taken outside and shot.

5. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

I've heard it works better on a mac, but what do I know I use linux.

6. Banzai

I think that's the sensible option, really, Acglaphotis...

7. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

Burning the mac? Come on, you can't burn it; it's plastic!

8. SonnehLee

SonnehLee Contributor Contributor

Oh, believe me, plastic burns with enough gasoline. It just releases poisonous fumes.

9. 67Kangaroos

67Kangaroos New Member

yay~ mac love~:D
    i'm a pc crasher... i can bring about the blue screen of death just by looking at a pc... you have no idea how much i wish i was joking...
    but macs are resilient! wooo!
    as for the learnin' -- just get used to the fact that you'll probably use the mouse more often, and if you get a standard mouse, right click will work.
    but less crashing~! yay! :D

10. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

Apple? Now you need a boat...you've got the anchor!

Watched an interesting commentary on the Business Channel today about Apple. They are saying the Stephen Jobs' cancer will kill Apple within the next decade. According to the business experts, SJ's ego has not allowed for growth of new creative talent to take his place. In fact, he actively squashed such innovators and prevented them from getting any credit for inventions like the the iPod. Because of the lack of a replacement creative leader, Apple's long reign of innovation is projected to end, being replaced by a typical bland, copy-everybody-else company in the wake. Not sure I agree with them, but they are the experts and they are no longer promoting Apple stock purchases.

11. Frost

Frost Active Member

While Tunes is probably the worst program known to man, Mac's and Apple really arent all that bad in my mind. Your actually very lucky Wreybies.

Macs are pretty easy to use really. They have an alternate key for control which has a little symbol on it. Theres no start menu, everything is down the bottom. The task bar at the top of the screen can be very deceptive because its permanently there(when no program is running it's just system mac, where you can turn it off etc). There's no right click unless you get a mouse. Umumum. Thats about it really.

12. Wreybies

Thank you Frost.

All the politics of Mac VS Apple aside...

It's a free computer being handed to me graciously by my brother, not a change in political or moral viewpoint.

The first car I ever bought for myself was a 1963 Volkswagen Sqaureback Sedan*. Stick. I had no idea how to drive a stick, but that car taught me how and other then my 64 Mustang, it was the car in which I had the most fun!

I've no idea how to use a Mac, but I though it might be fun to learn and have the knowledge thereafter.

*My little Volkswagen became just a tiny bit famous! I bought it in Monterey CA. The movie Turner and Hooch was being filmed in the town at the time. One day, when I was at the stop light on Franklin, a 'wrangler' ran up to me and asked if I would be interested in having the car in the scene they were shooting. Not me, just the car. If you have the movie, there is an quick outside shot of one of the houses in Monterey and there in front is my little burgundy (it loos brown on film 'cause I hadn't waxed it), '63 Squareback. True story!
    :D