Question: Who greets the New Year with writing?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lifeline, Dec 31, 2015.

1. DeadMoon

DeadMoon The light side of the dark side Contributor

I am inside and alcohol free. It is about 10 degrees outside and on the inside I my wife and our son are sick. My mind wont work and what I did manage to write is, crap...

Is it better to have written crap then nothing at all? Could a small cluster of words be saved from the steaming pile of word dung? Will I break down and walk to the liquor store? only the new year will tell

2. datahound2u

datahound2u Member

I only managed to squeak out 341 words tonight. But that's okay. The year can't end soon enough for me! I still have 28 minutes to midnight where I'm at, and I'm hoping it goes by quick so I can get to sleep!! :p

In most Far East cultures, the New Year is the grandest holiday of the year, surpassing Christmas by a long shot. In those same cultures, it is their belief (read that as lore) that whatever is on New Year's Day will last all year long. So, if your house is dirty on New Year's Day, it will remain so for the entire year. If you eat like a little piggy on New Year's Day, you'll be a little piggy all year long, and so forth.

As for me, I'll be writing tomorrow!!

From the great State of Texas - Happy New Year, y'all!!!

Lifeline likes this.
  3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Not counting words because it's all edit edit edit now. It's just below freezing so I'm cozy inside. keeping an eye on the aurora alert web site as it's just under what can be seen here and we have a clear cold sky. If the solar storm gets just a tad more intense...

In the meantime, Outer Limits is on, the computer is taking control of some guy's reality. Love the music because it reminds me of the Space Mountain roller coaster at Disneyland.

I've had a couple glasses of wine, but I'm just warm, not drunk or buzzed.

And, I continue to edit edit edit... I want to amp up my sci-fi world, intrigue the readers. I had a good response to my lumpsucker (a cross between a land octopus and Lilith's Brood's aliens.) So my aim tonight is to grow the weird.

Happy New Year to you all. :D

4. Link the Writer

Link the Writer Flipping Out For A Good Story. Contributor

Now thinking about and writing out the motivations of both my MC and the villain. Can't very well have a story if they've nothing to fight over, no? :p

Had three Guinness's last night, got a headache the next morning. Owie. :[ Gonna lay off the booze for a while.

@datahound2u - According to Russian lore/mythology/superstition, the first day of the year marks how things are going to be all year long. If you had a crap first day of the year, the whole year will be crappy and vice versa.

Well, I think this year will turn out just fine. :) Hell of a lot better than last year which...started off kind of crappy...

OH MY GOD, THE RUSSIANS WERE ON TO SOMETHING!!!!

datahound2u and Lifeline like this.
  5. Lifeline

Lifeline South. Supporter Contributor

Make it good :D

Link the Writer likes this.
  6. DancingCorpse

DancingCorpse Member

I am trying to, I had a lot of complex stuff going on for the last half of 2015, it's kind of leveled off now and I am hoping to shake off the blockade my mind set up whilst sifting and dealing with several layers, I am not particularly brilliant at multitasking but I am a persistent bugger so now I will set evenings aside to work on some weird ideas again :D

Lifeline likes this.