1. KenA

KenA Member

A Question regarding revised work.

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by KenA, Feb 28, 2015.

I made a number of revisions after reading the comments, and recommendation, to a sample of my WIP. My question is; should I replace my initial post with my revised work, or add it as a new post?

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

It should be posted as the next consecutive post in the thread. Make an annotation in the original post that a revised version is available below. Replacing the original post with a revised version causes the critiques that already exist to no longer make sense since they reference writing that is no longer the same. This makes for members who question what the heck people are talking about, members getting into it with other members, and before you know it, you have 50 responses in your thread, NONE of which address your revised work.

I've moved this to Suggestions & Feedback (that I wish was called Help & Feedback). The only threads that should ever be in the Writing Workshop are items for critique. Discussion threads are not allowed. No biggie, just an FYI. ;)

jannert likes this.