Quiet round here

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by OurJud, Jul 23, 2016.

1. OurJud

OurJud Contributor Contributor

I'm hearing you on FM!

2. matwoolf

matwoolf Banned Contributor

I'm always stuck half-way between articulate weekday postage, and Friday night/Saturday morning deletion ritual, hic.

I tried to have sex with monkeys and dolphins last night on the diversity thread, a total disaster, personally.

I'm keeping away for a while.

Also the young anarchist is on to me - called me a prick on some thread. Me - probably too old now - for the internet, at forty-six, and going through that stage of writing:

'Oh what's the point, who gives a toss, go buy a fishing rod, or a dog for your pleasures.' And I tell you all, once I find a dog and fishing forum, you fuckers can go rot :) xx

Also, my critiques make people depressed...

Probably WF peaked. Only dregs now, and death. Don't despair, we flickered, flashed, and we fizzed, mm.

zoupskim likes this.
  3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Nah, Mattie, patty, pud'n pie. *smoochie noise* :ohno: :-D I was cruising the other writing forums I sometimes frequent and everyone's got rather paltry numbers today compared to a typical internet Saturday. Is it a holiday maybe somewhere else in Anglophonia of which I am unawares?

matwoolf likes this.
  4. Pindrop

Pindrop Banned

It all went quiet, like some Chernoble anticipation, had they known, which they did not, that would indicate that Trump planned the moon landings... which might have happened

5. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

There are... other... writing forums?

6. matwoolf

I know three...

There's the watercooler one - which is massive, also political for unfathomable reasons, 'writing political,' overwhelming writer egos, and also plenty of dumb folk..

An English one I found, but dominated by an ex-military guy, who's kind of nice, yet he blogs constantly about the joys of mercenary warfare in 70s/80s Africa...far too disturbing. He's king of site, and shot me.

The .com version of this site - which is a parallel horror universe, too strange, all the same kind of tags and our mirror images are everywhere...

7. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Umm, nope. Of course, not. We're the only one. Don't listen to Wrey, he's just drunk-talking! Please, just move along and forget you ever heard anything. :rolleyes:;)

8. zoupskim

zoupskim Contributor Contributor

Oh, good. My mind was reeling, unable to fathom the heft and depth of thousands, maybe millions, of other untold creative souls swarming and thriving.

All hail WF.

matwoolf likes this.
  9. Wreybies

Drunk? Please.... Everyone knows Wrey doesn't drink. :wtf:

Now, either hit that pipe or pass it over, and if you don't leave a green hit, you're never getting invited back, you hear? :bigcool:

Megalith likes this.
  10. Wreybies

I think you and I may have lurked the "massive watercooler" together at some point. I know that place. ;)

There's another I go to that's dominated by a High Grand Inner Circle of Stroke Buddies. They're all stonkingly well-spoken, but posting there is a sure way to get replies to the tune of "And now let me tell you how and why you're an idiot...." So I don't post, just lurk. Occasionally, insightful things get said if you can look past all the metaphorical mutual masturbation.

It's important not to name names since talking trash about other sites is bad form.

matwoolf likes this.
  11. matwoolf

As to puff, I prefer blue, ach...speedboats and Morocco, more romantic, less overwhelming than green.

But I'm kind of retired for hermitic reasons. I still do fantasise about opium lounges, but have a child - he does all this hell...the research, for me, on my behalf, too much. I failed, kind of thing, with the liberal parenting. It is a conundrum, the issew.

Wreybies likes this.
  12. Wreybies

Oh, Mattie, I adore you. :) In a very alternate universe I have kissed you playfully in opiate bliss and then slipped away, leaving you to wonder if it were real or just the china white. :whistle: :-D

(don't be offended by my unsolicited attentions, Mattie. Just having fun) :bigoops:

obsidian_cicatrix and matwoolf like this.
  13. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Yes, I prefer my little white pills to any of the green stuff. :supercute:

14. VynniL

VynniL Contributor Contributor

What?! I thought you were like sixty-six at least, maybe more in your seventies... No idea why I thought that, but I'm serious. :bigconfused:

matwoolf and jannert like this.
  15. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Oh, dear. Another unexplained suicide attempt ...somebody phone and make sure Mat is okay? :)

16. VynniL

Now, I feel bad... I forgot to type the word 'virile' somewhere in my original post or that I thought that level of wackiness would take more than half a century to cultivate.

I'm just constantly surprised lately. Next thing you'd reveal @jannert, is that you live a double life as a pole dancer.

Also, I'm not sure if it has already been mentioned here but we might be forgetting the most obvious reason. There's a horde of pokemon Go zombies sitting in parks and following the trail of lures. I refuse to play myself, but it would be a worry if Aliens have a share in Nintendo and this craze is just a prelude to an Alien invasion...

That's probably why it is so quiet here.

17. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

You probably got me mixed up with Mat. He's the (relatively) young anarchist. I'm the 67-year-old pole dancer.

Pokemon Go? Well ...we await developments. Did you see that hilarious video from Germany where a player walked straight off a pier into the sea? Followed, apparently, by somebody else as well? They should rename this game "Lemmings." Oh wait....

VynniL likes this.
  18. VynniL

@jannert - I should have said burlesque dancer really. I honestly cannot imagine you as a 67 year old pole dancer. You're more classy than that. hehe

I had not seen that vid, but hubby keeps sending me pics of car park accidents as a result of Pokemon Go, and he just now told me how some ingenious robbers put lures in a remote place to attract pokemon players for a mugging. There's been people gunned down I think playing the game. And while this game is suppose to make people move, all I see are people sitting in parks in places I suspect there are lures, and these people are 'hunting' on the comfort of their butts. :wtf:

What disturbs me is that the game can be played while the car is moving. I seriously expect some accidents to happen.

I'd much rather be writing/foruming, not that it protects me from these creatures. Here is one that hubby brought home and thought it funny to plonk on my head a while ago. *sigh*

[removed pic ...]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2016
  19. matwoolf

I remember how I started the whole Pokemon thing - a packet of cards from the toy shop. Got the boy the hat, the dungarees, daughter got a Pikachu outfit, she didn't mind so much at three years old. Pushed her out the door, local kids chased her round car wheels, good times. Later, bought the soundtrack, watched the movie together - without my wife, she don't like kid films. Daughter got into horses, I backed her, son still threw his ball around at seventeen, I worried, weaned him away, on to the Digimons. I get involved, not just a parent, but a veteran champion, the beyblade league.

You know it, baby?

A skateboard finally provided all our new lifestyle solutions. I take my skateboard down the pipe. I'm here on a custom deck, poised and inspiration to the little guys, if they want a CV, reference or cigarettes, they come to me. Who else can say that?

jannert likes this.
  20. VynniL

I didn't understand any of the above @matwoolf ...

But I'm curious, so I thought I'd ask here - @Wreybies - aren't the Flash fiction and Short story comps running anymore? I assume they were since the poetry is running... I might stop pointing people that way if they're now all void.

21. matwoolf

@LINNY VERSION

[VOICE]

I remember how I started the whole Pokemon thing - a packet of cards from the toy shop. [Pokemon came in packets of blue cards purchased in toy shops] I Got the boy the [Pokemon] hat, the dungarees, daughter got a Pikachu outfit [yellow playsuit with monstrous head feature], she didn't mind so much at three years old. Pushed her out the door [of the house], local kids chased her round car wheels, good times [nostalgia]. Later, bought the soundtrack [to Pokemon, the Movie], watched the movie together - without my wife, she don't like kid films [she is a grown woman]. Daughter got into horses [another early century craze], I backed her, son still threw his ball [pokemon ball] around at seventeen, I worried [my child was half-wit?], weaned him away, on to the Digimons [craze came after Pokemon craze]. I get involved, not just a parent, but a veteran champion, the beyblade league [craze came after digimon].

You know it, baby? [A joke]

A skateboard [came after Beyblades craze] finally provided all our new lifestyle solutions. I take my skateboard down the pipe [parent at a skateboard park, a prat]. I'm here on a custom deck, poised and inspiration to the little guys, if they want a CV, reference or cigarettes, they come to me. Who else can say that? [inspirational figure to local youth/scene/moron.]

Megalith and VynniL like this.
  22. VynniL

@matwoolf

hehe...Thanks for the extended version for the half-wit [me]. It was more that it was all condensed up and I'm kinda hopeless with all the kiddies crazes. I can't absorb Pokemon anything. It's a big thing in this household but I my mind repels all references to it. Although, my kids kinda suffer from a mum who isn't quite with it. I only learnt of the Frozen a looooooooooooong time after it was a big thing. We might have been the last few parents on the planet at the time. Since then twin girls... two Elsas... No one wants to be Anna. *sigh*

23. big soft moose

big soft moose An Admoostrator Admin Staff Supporter Contributor Community Volunteer

I was going to ask that, but as Linny already has I'll merely quote her ask instead ;)

that aside on the OP in general terms WF is a lot busier than any of the forums our side of the pond, I used to be a member on the litnlat forum (technically I still am, though I haven't posted there much since I discovered WF) but it was soooo slow, slow than a slow sloth wading and wallowing through tacky treacle, days can pass between post and reply , which makes it no use whatsoever for procrastination... um, I mean , um ... research ...

VynniL likes this.
  24. VynniL

@big soft moose, I'm not sure but I think @Wreybies is away atm or very busy with RL so those comps might not be running for now. Someone mentioned they were paused for while due to the anniversary comps. I'm sure they'll be back up and running in the next few weeks, I was going to flex my fingers on the flash fic ones too.

In the mean time, you should have a go at the poetry one which is still running, if you're so inspired. Even if you're not into a poetry, it's still great fun. The latest theme is Tunnel Vision. So easy...for example, *flexing fingers*:

Jack and Jill went into the Tunnel
    To spray graffitied walls
    The tunnel flooded
    They almost drowned!
    Never again, did they break laws...

Yes, that was sooooo original, I've no idea where I got that inspiration from. :whistle: But it took all of a minute and entry done! You and anyone who is bored enough to read this thread, should give the comp and poetry a go. :bigtongue:

Edit: I cannot enter that masterpiece unfortunately, I've already entered! Damn!!!:-D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2016