1. Breaker

Breaker New Member

Writing a project

Discussion in 'Non-Fiction' started by Breaker, Apr 25, 2012.

Recently I've heard phrase "write a project" so many times. Later I got an idea about a project and I would like to realize it and to get some funding for it and I would like to write my own project and I would like it to be very professional.

Now I need help. If anyone of you knows where I can find forms, general tips on how the project should look like I will really appreciate your help, because I've never worked in this area and I would like to find more.

Thanks in advance,
    V.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Certain types of non-fiction are submitted to a publisher as a proposal, with a detailed outline, writing samples, and estimates for the work that has to be contracted out to others (photography, graphics, research, etc.). You would also submit your qualifications for that type of project, which is typically some type of technical book or textbook.

Fiction is different. You write it, revise it, polish it, and only when the manuscript is complete do you submit it.

This site caters mostly to the latter type of writing.

3. simplyrachel

simplyrachel New Member

ive often thought about writing a project. but then i get discouraged. :(

4. Breaker

Breaker New Member

I was thinking more of a project that needs funding to be realized, like for example... I have some idea about education programme or a programme that gathers a group of people who are going to travel and I need to try to find funding companies who are willing to help us in project realization. That kind of a project, not a project for a book. It still is a kind of writing, but a different kind, profitable and seems hard work, with all fund raising and stuff.

5. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

That's the first category I mentioned. I doubt you'll find many members here who do that kind of writing, although there may be a couple around.

6. Breaker

Breaker New Member

Okay, thanks anyway, I just need a form of how "the project" generally looks like, to have a base, where to start and then to approach my idea, meanwhile I will just collect the information I need for project and then I will try to do something on my own. While I was searching the form, I looked at forum and I liked it a lot, so I'll stick around not only for project writing ;) Great forum!