1. zorell

zorell New Member

Tranfers and such..

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by zorell, Feb 4, 2009.

I was wondering about something... To be put simply, I want to know if we were to tranfer a piece of writing from one format to another (in this case, short story to play) would we post the new format as part of the existing thread, or treat the new format as a work of its own and place it in the appropriate subject forum?

I only ask because I know we can omnipost pieces and this is a gray area in my mind that I hope somebody can help show its proper he.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

If it changes from Short Story to Novel, or vice versa, you may want to ask a moderator to move the thread for you to the new format. Likewise between Poetry and Lyrics,

If the original piece is REALLY different, you probably should start a new thread, but let one of the moderators know so we know it's really a distinct project, especially if you keep the name the same.

3. zorell

zorell New Member

Thank you for answering so swiftly:D

I do plan on posting something within these lines, but I also need to know if I can post it at all:redface: It's a homework assignment that I rather want to expand upon after I have completeds the basic assignment. I would post anything until my teacher had the asssignment herself, but I still want to take it beyond the realm of "Assignments Past." Is this allowed?

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

That would be acceptable. You aren't really posting an assignment in that case, just something inspired by one.

5. zorell

zorell New Member

Thanks, I just wanted to make realsure of it all:D

6. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'd say it would make best sense to use the same title as your short story, but just put '[play version]' after it, when you post the adaptation in the scripts section...