1. criticalsexualmass

criticalsexualmass Active Member

Beta-reader exchange

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by criticalsexualmass, Jun 19, 2014.

I'm looking for someone that is willing to exchange beta reading on a novel-length work. My idea is to do this one chapter at a time so that we can perfect as we go, and keep the foot on the pedal of editing and writing. I don't want to claim any credit on your work or owe you credit on my work. I just want someone who's dedicated to improving, and will help me do the same. Able to critique and accept critique a must. Not looking for someone to pad my ego, I need genuine critique help and I'm more than happy to provide the same. Thanks

2. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

You may get more responses if you actually posted what your novel's about. With beta-reading, you do really need someone who's actually interested in the story because it's just such a big commitment. It's also good practice to use Chapter One as a test to see if the other person's actually interested and enjoys your writing - another important factor. It's for your own benefit too - you don't want to have committed to reading someone's work which you find incredibly dull or badly-written :D

3. criticalsexualmass

criticalsexualmass Active Member

Good points, thank you.

My novel is general fiction. The core story is how acts of hatred revisit the actor. The first page is in the "Novels" section of the workshop with the title "first page-help". The novel is set in modern time and spans from the middle east to the united states and africa.

4. Aled James Taylor

Aled James Taylor Contributor Contributor

If you're still looking for someone, I'm interested.