1. Reagan

Reagan New Member

Reagan Progress Journal

Discussion in 'Progress Journals' started by Reagan, Sep 27, 2016.

Okay, so I'm not entirely sure what to do here, but I saw several other threads for one thing, putting down short descripts about the various series they have planned. I kinda like that so I'll do that for my first post.

Okay, so I have seven planned series', here goes.

The Vault of Eclepsia

Vault of Eclepsia is sci fi. After a particle spreads across a colony world seemingly killing all residents, a team is sent to investigate, including Eliza Merriweather. Upon arriving they meet Dr Rochelle Bloom who along with a number of survivors is hiding out in an old laboratory. It immediately becomes clear Bloom is a bit unhinged; eventually she kills one of the team and smashes the source of the particle while in a sealed room with Eliza. They both get infected, and Eliza ends up in a coma, and Bloom is locked away in an asylum. Eventually it becomes clear the particle has left the two of them virtually immortal.

We jump ahead 700 years then to the time the rest of the series is set in. Eliza woke up from her coma years earlier, and Bloom was broken out of the asylum and is thought to be dead. As well, all those thought to have died from the particle have since woken up, the particle that went in them was corrupt and it left them seemingly dead as it worked away in their systems. And now they plan on finding a way to spread the particle across the whole galaxy. Which needless to say is a very very bad idea.

The Other Side

200 hundred years prior to the series start, the Clemence family, one of the oldest families in the Council of Trees, the governing body of the various Magpie Witch families, believing they were doing good, instead released two creatures from the world of steam they draw their powers from, who slaughter all of them.

Carmilla Rose is the eldest daughter of the Rose branch of the Council, though only by twenty minutes. As such she is set to one day run the family, which she seriously does not want.

Eventually she and another Lilim Clemence, discover that one of the creatures released all those years ago is attempting to reopen the door used to let it into this world, and release the rest of it’s kind.

The Spark of Eichilon

All magic is controlled by the Magisterium. The reason being, unknown to most, that long ago, the Magisterium’s ruler at the time imprisoned the being Eichilon, the source of all magic, allowing them to choose who receives these abilities.

Eventually Eichilon has enough strength to release a spark of himself unto the world, a piece the Magisterium cannot control. And taking the form of a person, Ruby Xialou, she is the only one who can release Eichilon.

The Eclipse Chronicles

A prophecy is made, The Eclipse comes to end the Imperium. She is Born.

Kalista was abducted at a young age, believed to be the one spoken about in this prophecy, in an attempt to rob her of her abilities the Imperium cripples her, though this stops nothing. Breaking free Kalista heads out into the Imperium, no one who knew she was the one left alive.

Now a mercenary Kalista is hired to break a woman out of the fortress world where she has been held for the majority of her life. What she doesn’t know before taking this job though, is Xyana Tu, daughter of the Imperium Rulers second in command, is the one who made the prophecy of her birth.

Untitled Crime Drama

Detective Charlie Ruttledge has spent the past six months recovering in a mental health facility after she lost control and almost beat a man to death. What she did doesn’t bother her though, as Charlie is a Sociopath, who only became a detective because of the possible violence, she always figured otherwise she’d end up in jail. What does bother her though is that she lost control the way she did.

During her absence though several victims of a killer being called the Tulip Killer, due to the very strange fact that the song Tip toe thru the tulips is playing where each victim is left, the victims who have all been seemingly completely skinned alive.

Upon her return to the force, Charlie learns of one new addition to her prescient, a newly appointed medical examiner, Lorena Lyle, who she just so happens to remember seeing at the facility the day she was released.

Lorena Lyle, daughter of the current commissioner, had a complete mental break down three years earlier after the murder of her daughter. Oh, she also seems very interested in spending time with Charlie, much to her displeasure. Especially as she aggravatingly insists on calling her Charles.

Untitled Sci Fi Horror

A disgraced member of the galaxy wide police force, Syalla Vor-Tosh, now captain of a small rarely used strike force, receives a call from the woman who left her when she needed her most.

Trapped on a space station orbiting a far off planet, she is one of a dwindling amount of survivors trying to stay alive in a station filled with creatures never before seen.

A research lab in the station, studying artifacts brought up from the planet below, eventually began to fall ill, unknowing until it was to late that the reason they had lost all contact with the surface, and the flu like virus that seemed to be sweeping the station, were one and the same. A microscopic life form in the dust coating the artifacts brought to them, growing within each one of them who had fallen ill. Before finally bursting free with a roiling mass of barbed tendrils.

Witiko

This is actually my earliest series. Thought up years ago before I could write worth a damn, I recently revived it when inspiration hit.

In a small forest surrounded town, Kara Butler lives with her Uncle and his family after a fire at her old home killed both her parents and her younger sister.

Confined to a wheel chair a good amount of the time due to her partial paralysis, Kara blames herself for her sister’s death, and has nightmares about that day almost every night. But the nightmares eventually begin to change, to grow, strange. Glimpses of beasts and monsters morphing her sister and parents forms.

Her only friend in town, Elle Cassidy, clerk at literally the only video rental store left in the world, or so she says, as it turns out is also hiding from her past, though hers is so much darker then Kara could ever of imagined, and much, much longer.

So yeah, these took me a long time to write up, I'm seriously not good at summarizing without giving extensive spoilers. Got easier as I went though. First one isn't that good though. Eclepsia has always been hard for me to describe in little detail.

I'd seriously love to know what others think of these, and if you'd like to hear any more details I'd love to share, I don't want to though if that's not what these threads are for, so let me know. :3

2. Reagan

Reagan New Member

Okay, bit of an update. I haven't had much inspiration to write, or even really been able to write anything other then ideas. And even those only a few times.

But recently I learned it may be my prozac which I started taking a few months ago, a while before my inspiration, imagination, whatever died, might be the cause.

So about 5 days ago I stopped taking it all together, and at first nothing was different, but then last night I got down a few lines I liked, and today even more. So slowly but surely I seem to be getting my ability back.

3. Reagan

Reagan New Member

Bit of an update for Witiko and The Other Side.

First off, The Other Side's setting is moving from Modern Day to the 1890's. So y'know, Victorian times. Several story ideas I thought up actually work better back then. Plus it removes some of the clutter I wasn't to happy with but felt compelled to use anyway. Only difficulty will be a bit of reworking on what it is that Lilim does for the Rose family.

Next up over in Witiko, Kara is no longer partially paralyzed, or confined to a wheelchair. I really liked the idea personally, but I just don't think I'll be able to write any of it correctly, and I don't want to screw that up. Maybe something else I write in the future will use it.

Oh, additional change, reworked Alice Mathers role at the start of Spark of Eichilon so it'll work better. Added a bit of the original character in that role to her in doing so.

4. Reagan

Reagan New Member

Quick edit, MIGHT stick with that Witiko detail. I'll just have to do some research, if anyone knows of anywhere?

I tried other ways, and my mind keeps going blank. Kara being in a wheelchair is the only way I can get anything out it seems. I do really like that part of her character as I said, do that might be why.

5. Reagan

Reagan New Member

Reversing back to several ideas from previous versions. That seems to be something that happens more often then anything else for me when it comes to changes, realizing something from earlier on was better.