Tags:
  1. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Beast World

Discussion in 'Setting Development' started by MilesTro, Feb 11, 2014.

What do you think the world would be like if the entire human race got turned into Beasts (human/animal hybrids)? This is for a fantasy post apocalyptic setting, which I developed in my main novel project.

2. Gholin

Gholin Member

We wouldn't be as organized, but I think the world would be pretty close to how it is already. Depending on how it affected our intellects, I think technology might be abandoned, but I think our behaviors would be the same.

The big thing that would change everything is the loss of individuality/moral thought. If we lost that, we'd just be like every other animal. Wal-mart black fridays prove that in mobs, we actually become baser, unthinking creatures. The same thing often happens at soccer stadiums during game day. People just become vicious beasts at those events. We're already full of predators, so that won't change.

So I think that in a world where we are turned into beasts or beast hybrids would be a vicious predatory world where we'd still enact the same old wars and travel in the same packs. More of us would just be less civil :). Just one take on this idea.

3. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

The South Park episode, Black Friday, is another good example of how barbaric shoppers become on Black Friday.

4. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

The South Park episode, Black Friday, shows how shoppers behave over stupid crap.

5. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I think it would depend on the kind of beasts involved. (Pay no attention to my avatar!) :)

If the beasts are loners, like leopards, tigers, and others that only come together once a year to mate, that's one thing. But if the beasts are social, and live in packs, it's another. We humans live in groups because we don't have the strength, speed, sharp claws, or big fangs that allow other animals to be loners. We need to protect each other. If the beasts we're "crossed" with are loners, it might mean the end of human society. But if the beasts are social, it might not make that much of a difference at all.

6. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

In my story world, there are both loners and social Beasts. Most of them all live in primitive tribes, fighting for land and survival. The loners live as bandits and wanderers, living on their own.

I guess if they are all loners, it would be like the Hunger Games without rules. Everyone would have to survive on their own.