Really Bad Roommates

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lordofhats, Oct 15, 2008.

1. Dante Dases

Dante Dases Contributor Contributor

Last year I started uni in Newcastle and ended up in uni-run houses a little out of the centre. It was six random people thrown in together who simply had to make the best of it. It was OK at first - Pro Evo tournaments once a week, going out occasionally, but the time came to knuckle down to some work and I did. They didn't. Their sleep pattern reversed itself from the constant parties, and they would spend every night partying downstairs while I tried to sleep, the eventual result being that I missed lectures simply from not being able to wake up on a morning. I still scraped a 2:1 for the year (somehow), and left Newcastle in June, coming home to commute. It's tiring, yes, but it's preferable to living with them for another year.

As a side-note, one of my housemates is on the same course as me. He's been to three lectures since they started up again at the end of September. My attendance is 100%, despite living 120 miles away.

2. Frost

Frost Active Member

Well, seeing as how at the moment I live in a boarding school, you could say ive got about 100 room mates, some good, some bad, some downright terrible.

There's one guy named Finey who has a chronic case of undiagnosed ADD, I swear. The kid's a maniac. We get along, but he's just so hypo all the time. And for those unfamiliar with Australian culture, especially in boarding houses, we like to play fight. This is the sort of kid that doesnt back down, that always plays to rough. It's funny as hell fighting him because he resembles quite strongly a rat but jesus he can hit hard. He's no fun to play fight. But otherwise I get along with him.

There are some messy bastards, some snorers and a few obnoxious ass holes but for the most part boarding and my room mate experience has been delightful.

3. Annûniel

Annûniel Contributor Contributor

I've had absolutely rotten luck when it comes to roomies in college. I never had a good one that I didn't choose myself. The last one might have been okay but she moved out in less than a week because she "didn't like the college b/c it was too hard." *shrug*

The absolute worst one I had constantly had her boyfriend over and she wasn't shy about "doing stuff" in the bunk below me. I felt like I had two roommates in a very small room. I don't think I would have minded so much but her boyfriend didn't get along well with his parent so he would never go home and for whatever reason never took showers. Seriously, the guy smelled of such B.O. that no one could tolerate it. My friend couldn't even walk in the door. I had to keep the window open and the fan on constantly just to breathe in the room and I went to school in Pennsylvania where it would drop below freezing. So I'd sit by the window in a huge nest of blankets with the fan blowing on me from an open window. I'd generally keep the door to the hallway open too to try and air out the room. I'd get all sorts of strange looks from people.

And I constantly sprayed their sheets with Febreeze when they weren't there to minimize the awful smell.

Ugh.

4. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

We had a guy like that in the fraternity one year. One night, several brothers hauled him to the showers and wouldn't let him out until he was clean.

It didn't really help. He still maintained horrible hygiene, but at least it wasn't long before he moved out and got his own place.