1. Raven

Raven Banned

Red Or Blue

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Raven, Sep 5, 2008.

Ok most of you have seen the matrix. My idea for the topic of conversation is

If you discovered you were living in the matrix and finally offered a choice of the red pill which makes you forget the knowledge you'd just learned of regarding been in the Matrix and possibly discovering your the one who may have the ability to change the balance. Or the Blue pill which would release you from the comatose state in which you lived in and propelled you into the world which you later learn is very dismal and dark yet you'd be fighting the machine try to restore a balance.

Ok you've guess the question.

Which pill would you take Red or blue and why would you choose that pill for would determine your decision?

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Without hesitation...

[​IMG]

*but Trinity has to be a boy*

3. Raven

Raven Banned

But why? You haven't explained what would lead you to think of even taking the blue pill and even so the idea of the red pill would still sit in your mind even if you would always pick the blue pill.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I have a pet theory concerning the idea of autonomous reality. If I discovered that, sans doubt, nothing I believed to be real held any autonomous reality… that would be unbearable. Even knowing that the alternative real existence might be grim and grimy and difficult, I would give up the false reality in an eye blink.="https://www.writingforums.org/showpost.php?p=273280&postcount=32"]Autnomous Reality

5. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

Blue, because I want truth, because it is new and exciting, because I'm curious, because I could never live with myself if I was the kind of person to turn down that opportunity.

6. Raven

Raven Banned

I have to admit Id take the blue pill also because I couldn't consider living in a false hood. even though the red pill would take away the recent memories. The future been grim and dark would not disway me either. Because been something in a dream scape is not my idea of existance.

besides the Blue pill offers far more excitment than the red and living a mundane existance.

7. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

I would always pick the blue pill for the simple reason that I want there to be something more that what I see before me, and even living in the matrix and doing whatever they do (I have never seen the film so I am not sure) would not be enough for me, as I'd still want more. Also, experience and memories help with writing, and if I were to wipe all of this knowlage from my mind, I may be losing potential writing information.

And finally, if I was told about the matrixy stuff there was obviously a reason for me knowing it, almost like fate, and who am I to argue with fate.

8. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

I guess I'll go out on the limb and say I'd take the red pill, no questions asked. I love my family and friends too much to just leave them behind. Additionally, there's plenty of excitement for me right here in this current state of reality. And since the red pill would erase my recent memory of this meeting, I'd never have to kick myself in the butt for not taking the blue.

Besides, a ham and swiss omellete is far superior to that mush they were eating in the Matrix.

9. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Blue. I am by nature a scientist, a seeker of underlying truth. I know it is not attainable, but anything that brings me closer is preferable.

10. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

Red, for the same reason as Flake. If I'm going to forget anyway, what have I really lost?

11. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I go for the blue pill.
    I don't think I would want to forget my knowledge.
    I rather plunge myself more into the knowledge then expel myself out.

12. NaCl

NaCl Contributor Contributor

Which one has that little "V" on it? LOL

13. DarkMaiden273

DarkMaiden273 New Member

I'd go with the Blue Pill! I too love my family, but I'd want to try to free them! Plus even if I was told that after the red pill I'd forget I don't think that for those few moments I could live with myself! I'd have to take the truth. -L.O.L. "We all live in a lie, but we couldn't handle the truth."

14. Daisy

Daisy New Member

If I get to be Trinity and hang with Keanu, I'll take the blue, :p...

Otherwise I'm with Flake for the same reasons.
    If this world is the matrix, it looks pretty darn good to me. I only wish I could see more of it.

15. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

>_>

Can I choose purple? i.e. a fantasy of my own making?

:)

16. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Ok, but stay away from the brown acid. It's a serious bummer.

17. Aurora_Black

Aurora_Black New Member

Haha :)

I'd take the blue one. Living a lie is horrible o_O

18. Acglaphotis

Acglaphotis New Member

I've pondered this question for hours before and I'm certain I would choose blue. But suppose Zion was a simulation too? Unfortunately, my philosophical side would be curious as to how grim&dark reality really would be.

19. Frost

Frost Active Member

I'd probably go the red, again for the same reasons as Flake. Bugger all these crusades of truth and what not. For a few seconds I'd feel unimaginably bad but then after that, I'd have no knowledge of it.

The only reason I would take the blue is so that I can plug all sorts of sweet martial arts into my head :)

20. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Red! Because it is my favourite colour! :p lol!

But seriously, my children are the most important people in my life, my loaf comes next, and I could never give them up for anything. As a parent, I could never leave my children. I need them as much as they need me. Plus, I've only just found Dan! Like heck am I giving him up! lol!

If there was such a thing as the matrix, I don't care. I'm happy with my life, so why change the way I perceive the world now that I am happy? Seems a little stupid if you ask me!

21. Solaris

Solaris Active Member

This is a bit of a touch one for me.
    On one hand, if I had a really great life (even if it were false) I'm not sure I'd want to give it up - especially if the truth is grim and dismal. On top of it, I'd end up forgetting anyway so it was as if I never knew in the first place - thus life goes on.

On the other hand - I'm an extremely curious person and the kind of opportunity the blue pill would offer I'm not sure I could pass up either. The excitement of it and adventure aspect.

In the end. I'm sure I'd choose blue.
    Alas it is my fate. xD