1. Rain Oxford

Rain Oxford New Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Rain Oxford, Dec 7, 2014.

My name is Rain. I'm a writer and I hope to be an author soon, but my day job is teaching. I have been writing since I was twelve. Most of my books are fantasy/adventure with magic and other worlds, but several are mystery/horror with vampires or other monsters. I also have a five-book-long series.

What stopped me from trying to get any of them published was both a fear of rejection and the stress over finding and hooking a literary agent. Now times have changed so much that I don't know the best way to go about getting published (Traditional versus epublishing and using an ebook publishing agency versus self publishing ebooks).

All my friends are teachers and don't understand the drive to write. There are days where the only thing I want to do is write. I'm hoping to get to know others who have the same need to write as I do.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Rain, and welcome to the forum. :)
    Sounds like you'll fit right in. Plenty of us struggle with the fear of rejection, but, indeed, nowadays we have the amazing option of e-publishing as well. :)

And here's our New Member Guide to get you properly started. :)

Have fun!

-Kat

3. J Faceless

J Faceless Active Member

Yay another teacher! I know what you mean about being the only teacher that writes, they're all like, "But its not Pinterest?"
    and I say "There is more to life than Pinterest. Writing can be enjoyable."
    But they just think I'm crazy. Welcome to the forums, and don't worry about getting rejected it builds character. Or so they say.

4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

5. the_evil_ted

the_evil_ted New Member

Greetings