1. FX Lord

FX Lord New Member

Hi all...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by FX Lord, Mar 4, 2015.

Previously a member of writersbeat.com, and two time winner of their prose contest, I have chosen to leave that site over a little matter of 300 words which disqualified my entry despite the contest organiser implying that stories that were a little over would be accepted.

I've been looking to move away anyway. Winning their contest was no great struggle to be fair, the standard of the other entries were always comparatively amateurish. So my staying there, being the brightest star in an otherwise dark sky, was a bit chickens*** of me. I often gloated that I won the Writer's Beat contest but only with people who were unfamiliar with the site, that way they wouldn't realise how easy that task actually is.

Anyway, I see your contests allow for 3000 words with a 10% variable allowance which I consider extremely fair. 'Sliced bread' though? Hm. Not sure I can come up with an idea for that, but will give it a try.

2. RogerDodge

RogerDodge New Member

Wish I could write 3000 words, well done for winning the prose contest.

FX Lord likes this.
  3. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

Here's our New Member Guide to get you properly started.

Good to hear you're interested in our writing competitions. :) Hope you'll like it here!

-Kat

FX Lord likes this.
  4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome.

FX Lord likes this.