Reorganization?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by evizaer, Nov 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Actually Bluemouth I think that in quick links there is a button for unanswered posts. It might do what you are asking for. Not too sure though.
    Or simply click on the new posts button at the top of the page and that should also work I think. Not a hundred percent certain though.

2. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Excellent! Thanks for that, it's effectively solved the problem. Obviously there's a lot I've missed on this site.

3. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Not a problem Bluemouth glad that I could be of some help. It shows all the last posts made you just have to do some digging through a little bit. But you do find work that has not been reviewed much easier that way.

4. ILTBY

ILTBY Contributor Contributor

Great post, Torana, you brought up some fair points. Again, I see no major issues with the site and, as you said, it's ultimately up to Daniel whether or not to change it.

ETA: There's no issue with suggesting alterations that could be made to the site, but I personally felt evizaer was going about it in a somewhat rude manner. That's just my opinion, maybe I'm touchy :) I wasn't attacking him, just expressing my personal feelings.

I also may have misinterpreted evizaer's posts to be harsher than they were :) So if that's the case, I apologise.

I agree, Daniel needs to focus on making the site more appealing to prospective and future members, I just don't know that there's too much more to change :)

5. evizaer

evizaer New Member

I'm trying to get into a conversation with Daniel about the site. I figure that directly communicating with him is more effective for my goals than letting my ideas hang open to well-meaning but conservative (and perhaps inexperienced) users.

I'm looking at this site not as a sink for sentimental value for its members, but as a means of communication--a means and nothing more. The community's development and evolution is what I'm focusing on. If you view my comments as being rude, that's OK. I'm evaluating (not harshly, but without bias) something into which you've invested a lot of time and, perhaps, emotion. It is the fate of the change-seeker to be seen as rude. If he is nice about everything, he is shuffled off or otherwise marginalized.

I'm just really brainstorming and giving some ideas that may help. You don't have to accept all of them--it's a pretty radical change if you take it as a whole--but at least think about it and what I'm saying.

When things are trending downwards or are in a trough, it's the best time to experiment!

6. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I appreciate your enthusiasm to try to improve the site. I would again take exception to the comment "when things are trending downwards". Any site will ebb and flow over time, but at present we have a large influx on new joiners. The fact that the daily posting volume has dipped is not from departures. The cause is, as mentioned several times, quite well understood. It is not due to an organic flaw in the site, but due to time issues with a number of prolific members.

Ideas are always welcome. But keep in mind that the site organization is, in fact, reviewed and adjusted on a frequent basis. Not long ago, the site did undergo a very well received facelift. Many of the changes did come from suggestion threads.

But a suggestion will not get more attention just because it is trumpeted louder. Once the suggestion has been made, it is reviewed on its merits in light of the site's goals. At this point, I feel that the salient points have all been made, and it is time to close the discussion.

Thank you for your continued interest in the Writing Forums.

7. Night Haunter

Night Haunter Banned

Why would you change everything? We are all regulars and when the forum falls silent its because we all have a life. we all return and new members come every week some stay some go its forum life. as raven once said the forum is only just over a year old so the traffic has greatly increased since the forum opened. Some weeks we have a lot of activity and other weeks we don't I guess in a nut shell that’s just forum life.

But to agree with Bluemouth I think the locking of this thread ends that repetitiveness

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.