1. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it's ba-ack!

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by mammamaia, Jan 15, 2012.

for the past couple of days i've been getting those 'this program cannot display the webpage' messages again, non-stop!

what's the glitch this time?... it's not my computer, 'cause i can zip to any other website with no prob...

2. shadowwalker

shadowwalker Contributor Contributor

I've noticed that starting to happen again as well. I'm hoping it's just one of the glitches that happens with all sites at one time or another and then mysteriously disappears again...

3. art

art Contributor Contributor

I'm getting lots of 'database error' messages too. Most of my problems seem to centre around getting to (and back to) the homepage.

4. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

I've been having it too. To be frank, it's getting irritating.

5. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Hmmm. I haven't seen this, actually. Would someone mind taking a screen cap next time it happens, please?

6. the1

the1 Active Member

Yeah today I have been getting a few database errors as well

7. Jonalexher

Jonalexher New Member

Sure, I'll take a screen cap next time. :)

8. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Today the site has been down for hours! The only thing I could access was my profile and settings, notifications etc. by clicking on the link sent to my email. Once I got here, I had to use "What's New?" button to see the topics (there I noticed that nobody posted anything new for 7 hours, so it seems everyone had access problems), and then no matter what I clicked on, the topic or a comment - back to "database error" again.
    It's as if the contents of posts (threads) are on one server, which was down, and everything else is on another server, which was up and running.

9. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

We had some issues with our new server, but they should be fixed. If these problems persist please let me know.

10. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it's working ok for me today, thank goodness, after the past two days of 'this program cannot display webpage' errors driving me batty...

however, now i'm having to battle that verdammt huge sidebar full of info i couldn't care less about... used to be i could just close it when i first went on the site and it'd stay away, but today, the blasted thing comes back every time i return to the sections menu!

anyone know how i can get it to not show up at all?

GRRRRRR!!!!!...i take it back!... it's doing that 'cannot display' again!... just now took me 5-6 tries to get the edit box to open on my post about this problem in another thread and i fear it'll do the same here, before i can get this saved/posted... what the heck can be done to fix this major glitch, before we lose all our best old members who're fed up with the hassle and don't get any new ones?