1. davidm

davidm Poodle of Guernica

Problem posting

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by davidm, Nov 20, 2013.

Hello, I'm trying to post a novel excerpt in the appropriate forum, but the "post new thread" button is absent and at the bottom of the page I read, "You do not have sufficient posting privileges to post here." I have made more than 30 posts, and earlier the "post new thread" button was active, so I don't know what the problem is. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks. :)

2. davidm

Well, I continue to get a message that I have insufficient posting privileges to post a novel excerpt. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

3. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

I have the same problem. I recently replied to another member, who asked the same question, and told him that I find if I keep trying, and refreshing the page, there opens up a small window of opportunity. What I would say though, if this works for you as it did for us, make sure you have your editing done and dusted for, sometimes, the editing window will run with the same initial error message.

Good luck. I know how frustrating it is to be good to go, only to run into this problem. The site's has been a little bit glitchy since the upgrade.

4. davidm

Thanks. Hopefully an admin can respond, and the problem can be solved. I also noticed the small window of opportunity, but then it went back to being, "You have insufficient posting privileges."

5. obsidian_cicatrix

Yup... that's the one. I took it up with Wreybies after I initially tried to post, but then the window opened and I didn't follow through. I just checked and I'm still having problems, so hopefully Daniel will take a look and we'll get it sorted.

6. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I've reported this to Daniel. There are a few other members it's affecting as well who have PM'd on the matter. I have some speculation is to what has caused this glitch to pop up now, but it's only speculation. :(

obsidian_cicatrix likes this.
  7. obsidian_cicatrix

It's a pain but I would be more annoyed if I couldn't post at all. At least I know I can, if the mood takes me, with a little perseverance. :)