Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by adamant, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

To answer your question, some users cannot rep you, even though they click on the rep button and comment you. This is because the person giving you rep points has less than 50 post counts, been on the writing forums for less than a year and have less than 100 rep points. You will receive the dark blue blocks instead of the green blocks if they give you zero rep points. The reason why some random people only give you one rep point is that the person only has one rep giving power. Every time a person posts 500 posts, they can give you one rep point. Every time he/she receives 100 rep points from somebody else, he or she can give you one another rep point (2). Finally, if the person been on the forums for at least a year, he/she can give you another rep point (which is a total of three reputation points). The maximum amount of reputation points a single person can give you per thread is 10 rep points. New members cannot give you reputation points from the start because they have less than 50 posts.

You can see the reputation points you gave by clicking on the user control panel and then click on "given" at the top of the page, but you can't see exactly how many points you gave them. You can only see the summary of the comments (that's if you made any) and the blocks next to the line and the thread you gave reputation points to.

In case you are wondering, I can give two reputation points to the same person on a thread. One, I have more than 50 posts, and two; I have at least 100 reputation points.

I hope this answers your question a little bit.

2. Jayyy1014

Jayyy1014 Jerrica Contributor

Reggie, Where do you see given at?

3. Reggie

When you click on the User CP next to FAQ, you will see the first tab in the User CP that says "Albums," the second tab, "Posts," the third tab, "Threads," the fourth tab, "Received," and the last tab, "Given," all right above the subscribed threads section.

4. Jayyy1014

Jayyy1014 Jerrica Contributor

Ohhh, Okay, Thanks! :)

5. Arathald

Arathald New Member

Judging from some of the rep I've recieved (I won't be any more specific), there's definitely not a 10-point cap, but other than that, it makes sense. Even if we don't have the formula exactly right, that satisfies my curiosity. Thanks!

6. Melzaar the Almighty

Melzaar the Almighty Contributor Contributor

So if I say a lot of witty things but newbies and unpopular people are the only ones who rep me, I'm going to struggle compared to someone with powerful friends? :p Bah!

2 people like this.
  7. popsicledeath

popsicledeath Banned

Yep, need to target your witticisms! ;)

8. Reggie

Daniel just raised the cap up since the maximum was too small for those who really deserved it. I forgot what the maximum reputation a single person can give you now.

Edit: The cap is 20 grants, not 20 rep points, which means you can give reputation points to 20 different people in 24 hours, and I'm not sure how much rep giving power you can give to a single person though.

9. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Quick question about rep squares

I'm not a rep hound or anything, I'm just curious. I know the lime squares are 200 points and the darker green are 100, but does something happen after you get 6 lime squares? Is there a cutoff, or are the ones after the 6th more points, like 400 instead of 200? I just noticed because I saw in my user CP that my rep count is over the number to have 7 light squares, but I don't.

Again, rep isn't a big deal, it's fine if there's a cutoff, I was just wondering. :)

10. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I believe the count per square doubles every five squares, but I'm not absolutely certain. I don't believe there is a fixed limit.

11. Mallory

Okay, thanks for clarifying. ( +rep ;) )

1 person likes this.
  12. Mallory

Just stumbled across this, and apparently some people with almost 2,500 points still have 6 light squares. So perhaps there is a fixed limit? I don't think I've seen anyone with more than 6.

13. Dagolas

Dagolas Banned

I've added some reputation points? But where can I see other people's rep?

14. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

The green blocks below a person's member status indicate how many reputation points a person has received.

15. cobaltblue

cobaltblue New Member

I didn't know what the reputation points were - and I thought the green squares showed seniority or something, but then I logged in the other day and had a notification about reputation points and I kind of clicked on it, clicked away, tried to find it again to really absorb what it said - and couldn't find it again.
    How can I find that again? Is it staring me in the face and I just can't see it? I'm used to that, just tell me anyway

Thanks!
    Blue

16. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It's in your userCP (control panel).

17. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Click on "Settings" and your reputation received should be there.

18. cobaltblue

cobaltblue New Member

Thank you :D