1. writewizard

writewizard New Member

Required introduction

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by writewizard, Jan 20, 2010.

Not even really sure how this would work, but I was reading a forum and saw someone's thread closed for yet again not having reviewed two critiques.

If we required posting in the New Member forum before joining, do you thhink that this would cut down on the number of locked posts? Not even sure how t his would work. I know I didn't post in the new member forum until I was a senior member and just glanced over it; maybe it would have been better if I had.

Anyway, that way they could get a good feel for the rules, and hopefully, less posts would be locked. Not sure how it would work, again; just an idea.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Nice idea, but it really wouldn;t matter. A good proportion of the new members who get locked post a brief intro, and then rush to post their masterpiece. Finding that they can't post immediately, they promptly post two "I liked this a lot, keep on writing!: posts then throw their piece in there. It takes too much effort to read the site rules or take the time to look around.

What we really need to do is make sure new members have to take some time to get to know the site before they can take part in the Review Room workshop. At least it would make somewhat of a dent in the crowd of posters who single-mindedly seek to get their stuff posted, as long as they can do it in the first hour.

We have an idea or two for how to do this, but it does require some programming and configuration, and therefore some free time on Daniel's part.

3. writewizard

writewizard New Member

Well, that's good to know. I'm amused, however, that the newer individuals to the site rush to get their works posted (guilty!), while the senior members mostly hang back and post a piece every now and then... Glad for the thoughts, though.

Edit: Free time? What's free time?