1. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

New Layout

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Leaka, Aug 29, 2008.

New color.
    I think that writing forums needs a better color. The blue and the white is okay, but I think we need something darker.
    A newer color.
    I think writingforums needs a new layout.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

I think you mean color scheme.

And yuck. I hate dark layouts.

Maybe as a secondary choice you can individually choose, but I line tyhe current visual design just as it is.

3. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

It's to bright.
    It hurts my eyes.
    Especially when Raven or anybody else in the RP thread post in funny colors. If they kept it black or some other dark color then I wouldn't mind.
    But they like to use light colors on an already light color.

4. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

I think it would be a good idea to have a few choices at color schemes, that way everyone can get what they want.

5. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Colour scheme options, sure.

But the current default sums up this site's neat and professional attitude towards writing. It will stay.

6. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

You can have different colors and still sum up a professional attitude, if you choose the right colors. -.-

But that sounds cool. A color scheme option.
    Then I want a color scheme option.

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

i'm all for the very easy on the eyes and professional-looking blue scheme, see no need for a change to something less effective...

and if offering a choice is too costly or hard to arrange, i'd hope members would just gratefully accept the site as is, which is the best darn writing site on the net...

love and hugs, maia

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Choices have to be designed, which requires time and access (and a certain amount of expertise).

9. Leaka

Leaka Creative Mettle

I am patient.
    I'm just saying that this layout isn't easy on my eyes.

10. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it's sure the easiest on my aged/aging ones!... a 'darker' look would probably make me have to leave, much as i'd hate to...

if it's too bright for you, leaka, why don't you just darken the tone of your screen?... it's certainly easier to do and would be fairer to the rest of us than changing the whole site to satisfy just one [or a few, if anyone else wants what you do]...

11. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

Daniel and several other people on this site about six months back put a lot of effort into designing the new colour scheme of the site, and also he has put a lot of effort and thought into the layout. I think he has done brillaintly with it; it is a neutral colour so it shouldnt be hard to see or read or anything. I like the layout, it may not be the snazziest around, but it serves its purpose, it looks professional and it is easy to read. I for one, would hate to see it go any darker than it allready is.

12. Islander

Islander Contributor Contributor

If the colour scheme is hard on your eyes, you can force your web browser to use different colours.

In Firefox, it's on the Tools menu -> Options -> Content tab -> Colors button.

In Internet Explorer, it's on the Tools menu -> Internet options -> General tab -> Accessibility button.

It won't look as good as when the site is designed with a certain colour in mind, but if the main issue is eye sore, it should be ok.

13. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

I realize it's always nice to have alternative color/theme options, but we probably won't get a new or additional one anytime soon. This is mainly because it makes minor changes and improvements more of a chore. Nothing major, but if I have to improve something I'd have to do it twice, once for each theme.

1 person likes this.
  14. lucieo

lucieo New Member

I use to admin a RPG forum using the vB software. If you ever need a new layout or something and don't have time to make one, I love coding so I can always help. Just let me know! It might take a couple of weeks but I'm picky so I'll change all the graphics to fix with the color schemes.

Anywho, I like the current color scheme.