1. friendly_meese

friendly_meese Member

researching for a limerick

Discussion in 'Research' started by friendly_meese, Jun 14, 2014.

On another forum, I made a non-financial wager on a world cup match and lost. My "payment" is to write a limerick about another, randomly chosen member of the forum and post it in the relevant subforum.

This is obviously a delicate situation, as I can't violate the TOS or offend the person whom the limerick is about. Luckily, she's easygoing and has agreed to a brief private message interview to help me get some ideas.

There is some modest level of interest in what I'm doing on the forum, and I don't want the whole thing to go stale, so I'm trying to figure out how to go about this in a timely way. The biggest problem is that I'm not sure even what kind of research to do other than simply finding out a bit about the other member. Any suggestions?

2. Wreybies

Wreybies The Ops Pops Operations Manager Staff Contest Administrator Supporter Contributor

I would pick a random inanity as topic that is not sexually oriented. Limericks too often have an expected outcome of something "unexpectedly" lewd. :rolleyes:

minstrel likes this.
  3. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributing Member Contributor

There once was a writer named Meese,
    Who said to the forum, "Oh please
    Tell me how to pay
    The limerick way
    And not be rude, sexy, or tease.