1. Dallionz

Dallionz Member

Returning but still new

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Dallionz, Jul 6, 2014.

Hello Everyone!

I signed up for an account some time ago and said hello but never really participated. I'm back and looking forward to participating and learning from you all as well as getting to know you!

My name is Melanie. I write Christian fiction and Christian romance novels. I've been writing fiction for as long as I can remember. As a child I would write out episodes of Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers that I wished I saw on the actual show, and would use coloring books to trace and include images to go with my story. Ha! I did a great deal of writing prior to my freshmen year of college and then it dwindled. I got back to writing again for about two years after I graduated. Once our son was born I found my writing took a back seat to just about everything else.

Now that our son is 8 and our daughter is 3, I'm wanting to focus more on my writing. I have finished a Christian romance novel that is in the process of being edited and will be available on Amazon in August. While I'm waiting on that I've begun work on a trilogy.

I have a LOT to learn and I look forward to becoming involved here!

2. Timothy Mims

Timothy Mims New Member

Hello Melanie,

I'm new as well and share your interest in the particular genre you write about. Not Christianity, specifically, in every case, but I gain inspiration from religious text's like the New Testament. Revelation is a personal favorite of mine and I own every "Left Behind" book they published. Good stuff.

Congratulations on the completion of your novel and I applaud your discipline. A collection of short stories is about all I can set my mind to :)

Good luck!

3. Dallionz

Dallionz Member

Hi Timothy,

Welcome to you as well, then! That's great to find someone who shares an interest in the same genre. Yes, the "Left Behind" series is amazing.

Thank you! There is nothing wrong with short stories. I write novels because I'm not sure I can write anything shorter. I can't seem to wrap it up quickly enough. Which is a problem in itself at times. LOL

Best of luck to you as well!

4. Catrin Lewis

Catrin Lewis Contributor Contributor Contest Winner 2023 Community Volunteer

Hi, Melanie @Dallionz, and hello to @Timothy Mims , too. I myself am in the process of revising a Christian romance thriller, some of which I've posted in the Workshop. I tend to go for realism as much as possible, which means my work most likely will never get picked up by CBD . . .

Welcome (back) to the forum. :)

5. Timothy Mims

Timothy Mims New Member

Awesome @Catrin Lewis

I look forward to looking at some of your work when I return from the field. I've been testing the waters with Romance recently as I've always had a difficult time connecting the reader to a relationship between two of my characters. I always seem to make it way overly dramatic, which causes me to laugh when I read over my work. I've also received feedback stating that people simply can't understand what I'm trying to tell them. This genre is definitely my crutch in writing.

Do either of you have any advice?

6. Catrin Lewis

Well, do you have your Workshop privileges yet? Once you post something for critique, I'll be happy to offer all sorts of advice. :-D

7. Timothy Mims

Timothy Mims New Member

@Catrin Lewis

I haven't met the minimum requirements for the workshop yet, and I'm leaving on Sunday for a month of training. When I get back I'll finish up the initial posts and post one of my short stories for you to review. I'll be sure to link you in it.

8. Catrin Lewis

:agreed: