Rhapsody (Discussion Thread)

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Raven

Raven Banned

Anyone is welcome. ;)

Enjoy.

2. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Awsome stuff. Been a while since I have been in teh RPG section. If I don't get a bulet shot precisley through my right eyeball and have my brains splatter over my stunned prison comrades.. I will join up. But it's about 2 am and I need sleep, but this is impressivly set out. So when I get started (hopefully tomorrow) the main villiage is getting burnt down.... by the bad guys????

I am having thoughts and ideas already about my character. Any limit to what a character can be at all?

3. Bick

Bick New Member

Oh, is that all? xD You make it sound simple! I'll think about trying but I don't think I'd be very good, since I've never done this before :p

4. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

If you can have a dream you can RPG. Its all just imagining what you would do if you where your char(which you are)

Did that make any sense?

5. Bick

Bick New Member

That does make sense, but what about the interactions with the other characters? And yeah xD Just having to remember all of the background information and such on the setting and on the other characters. Seems like fun nonetheless though. :p

6. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Let the other characters respond to you just as they'll let you react to them, and as for the rest... you can always go back and reread or take notes.

7. Oasis Writer

Oasis Writer Contributor Contributor

Note to anyone that wants to know:

Restrictions, character notes, guidelines, etcetera are all in the first post of Rhapsody (Fantasy).

8. Oasis Writer

Okay, we need to freeze-frame for a moment. I'm a 'little' lost.

9. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

OK, beasty one got hurt(i think) The new beastyes attacked, i bearly reached the statue in time to save my self. Statue beheaded beasty (Maybe dead? I still don't know) statue used its last moments to help girl. On my next post it's going back to stone. I can bearly stand due to over use of magic. Girly is fighting beasty to a stailmate.

10. Oasis Writer

I'll post next. We need to run this in turns to:

A) Make it fair

B) Give opportunities for others to enter, and change how the flow is going

I think, right now, we need to start using this thread a little more because I was only gone for an hour and a half, and yet, got lost in a moment. It might be healthier for the story if we plot out the next steps. :) Right now, I'll pull it into a 'blank page' status for us to think about the next part. We still haven't really met each other in the story. lol

11. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Well at some point my char is going to realise that you dragged him around like the child he is and he's going to be mad/Embarised

12. Oasis Writer

Okay :) We can establish that in this next post then, but we need to figure out:

A) What necessarily is going on with Terra and Milady to make it a fair post.

B) Who everyone is, where they're from, etcetera.

Usually, when I make these crazy games, I make it a rule as Game-Master to PM the person before you post (if it effects other characters) so they can see what you're doing and react to it, etcetera. I don't think it's necessary here, but we do need communication so we can figure out what's going on and make sure this story doesn't collapse.

13. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

I think i'm the only one who hasn't made someone elses char talk or LOL glare though that was remarkabley i char.

14. Oasis Writer

That's exactly my point. :) We need the communication. So, for now, I think we might want to hold up on posting until Terra and Milady get a voice in.

If you like, you can post up something about your character. Dialogue to yourself between me and you. If you want, over PM or over this, I can ask the questions, you answer them, and then write your posts accordingly. :)

15. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Sounds good, i already have a good concept of where i want to go with him.

16. Oasis Writer

Okay. :) PM me if you want to post up your part of the dialogue. Let's stay where we are so Terra and Milady have something to post up as well for dialogue if they like. :)

17. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Ok. So give me a run down of where my character should come into it... please??? :p :D I need to know exactly what's going on so I don't frag things up. And Where did you want me to post my character sheet? In here or in the actual game?

18. Bick

Bick New Member

Hey there love, I think they're waiting for two others to see what's going on so far.

You should read through the actual RP board for Rapsody, they have some really great stuff there. I've never actually taken the time to read an RP before. Quite lovely!

19. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Everyone else has posted it in the other forum, so that'll probably work, as for whats going on, well we just finished a big dramatic scene we're all bushed so if you showed up with a redbull that'd be great(JK). I'd wait for oasis writer to give you his oppionion.

20. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

LOL. No worries. Working on my Profile./ Char sheet now. So hopefully I can post something soon!

21. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

The more the marrier.

22. Titania

Titania New Member

I'd also like to join in fairly soon. Still working on character details though... and I was waiting for things to die down a bit. I've never done this before, 'tis pretty confusing (in a fun way :p). Anyway, just a heads up.

23. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

The thing we have to be careful about is over-planning- sometimes it's good to bounce off ther others post. It also helps us with our writing. And besides, if we plan too much here- nothing is going to get anywhere. I mean- I wana join in! and get into the game! I mean, plane, sure, but I don't really wana wait around forever for someone to plan the next post you know? I mean, It's a good idea, every now and then to catch up and put the basics of what's happened so far here so we don't get too confused. I guess. LOL. Does anyone catch my drift?

24. chad.sims2

chad.sims2 New Member

Great, now we'll really get jumbled up and wind up in some devils den. LOL its always funer with large groups. now you can take turns throwing us kids around. lol
    I agree i like letting the story flow from the masses

25. Bick

Bick New Member

I'm just here to learn how to do this, exactly xD So yeah. I don't care either way.