1. SKeyes

SKeyes New Member

Just checking in

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SKeyes, Oct 21, 2016.

Hello! I'm a newcomer here. I'm Finnish and inexperienced in communities like these. I hope to get affiliated with this forum quickly enough.

I like criminal fiction and my plan is to finish my first short story soon. My texts are full of philosophical thoughts though, and I don't like detective stories full of action. That is, my detective is the solitary investigator, taking his time with the investigations. A harboiled one too, I love that era and everything related to it.

I hope to learn from others. I like to write in English, but I'm not very good with grammar and vocabulary. Writing in Finnish just feels odd.

I don't know what more to say. I'm not very good at introducing myself, but I'm sure I will get there later. I can't await to meet all of you people here!

2. ThistleMae

ThistleMae Member

Hi and welcome. I'm new here too, and lovin' it so far. I think I would enjoy reading a detective novel from inside the main characters head. If it's done well, it could be very interesting. I'm already improving my own writing by reading things other folks have posted. It helps me tighten up my own writing. I'm certain you'll find this site useful, and there are others who are challenged with writing in English, so you are not alone.

SKeyes likes this.
  3. Imaginarily

Imaginarily Disparu en Mer Contributor

Welcome, new person! This forum is so chock-full of resources and insights. You're in the right spot for writing. :-D

SKeyes likes this.