1. Flowerfairy

Flowerfairy Member

My post, what happens to it now?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by Flowerfairy, Sep 15, 2011.

A few days ago, I posted a work in the section for short stories (after going through some difficulties which I believe are related to the ongoing changes in the forum). Now I wish to work on what my reviewer said, but can no longer find the "edit" button at the bottom-right corner of the post. Is there anyone else who has the problem, or am I NOT getting something right? I am tired of stomaching this problem.

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

First off, PLEASE don't make your edits in the original post of the thread! Post your revisions or additional excerpts as a new post at the end of the thread. Read How to Use the Writing Workshop

The edit button is now located on the blue-gray bar at the bottom of your post, the leftmost button in the group of buttons at the bottom right of the bar.

3. MarmaladeQueen

MarmaladeQueen New Member

If you edit your original post, we won't be able to see how your story has evolved, following comments and critiques. I though we were meant to post the amnded story as reply within the original thread. It's always interesting to see how people's stories change - you get to see the workshop process in action.

4. Reggie

Reggie I Like 'Em hot "N Spicy Contributor

We can still edit outside of the Workshop, can we?

5. ChickenFreak

ChickenFreak Contributor Contributor

You can edit _in_ the Workshop, just not in your original post. Leave the original unedited work where it was, and post the edited one in a later post.

ChickenFreak

6. Flowerfairy

Flowerfairy Member

Thanks, Cogito, for the pointers. I will do just that. And to the rest of you guys, I appreciate your concern.

7. Depressing Jester

Depressing Jester New Member

I seem to be having a similar problem. I find myself unable to edit older posts. Is there a expire date for editing posts or is this an issue?

8. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

That sounds like a problem. Look first to make sure it isn't a closed thread, but if it isn't, you should send a PM to Daniel if you have this problem.