1. T.Trian

T.Trian Overly Pompous Bastard Supporter Contributor

Fiction Written by Female Combat Veterans

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by T.Trian, Nov 19, 2013.

I've found a bunch of non-fiction written by female combat veterans (most having experienced combat in Iraq) and a lot of fiction written by male vets, but where's all the fiction written by female soldiers?
    I'm especially interested in portrayals of women in combat written by women who have experienced combat in the armed forces (e.g. anyone from FETs like Team Lioness). Doesn't matter if they were in direct ground combat units, if they were attached to a combat unit, or if they were in a supporting capacity (e.g. a driver) and just ended up in combat anyway. Also doesn't matter which nation's flag they bore or if they were in the army, navy, or air-force.

Any recommendations? Do such novels even exist? I've found a few shorts but I'd prefer full-length novels. Thanks in advance!