1. SilentDreamer

SilentDreamer Member

Writing Magazine, Competitions etc Query

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by SilentDreamer, Feb 20, 2016.

(Please move, or delete, if I have this in the wrong forum, or am not supposed to post such).

So, I used to subscribe to the Writing Magazine (from the UK), and never renewed (new baby, no money at the time). Trying to decide whether to renew now, or try another magazine, but I don't know much about any of the others - because the Writing Magazine was the only one that I ever found anywhere in NZ.

I like the information in it, and the competitions have been good prompts for periods of writers block etc, even if it's well after the due date. Any suggestions?

Also, I have been advised I should enter a recent short story into a competition, but wondered what the etiquette is about applying for more than one competition at a time? Is it not a done thing? Can it be done, but there are recommendations on doing it?

Thanks in advance...(shall be pondering about a subscription over here in the corner, if you need me)