1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Road Rage!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Torana, Aug 11, 2007.

Ok well road rage is something that plagues our roads. No matter what country, state you live in. It is there and it does cause a lot of problems for everyone.

I for one have bad road rage. I shout abuse (with the window up unless the person has done something that could be me and my passengers at risk of course.) and get really aggitated at slow drivers and people that cut infront of me.

But I am mild compared to many people. There are some people out there who will blind you with their headlights, sit right up behind you as you are driving, even try running you off the road.

Road rage can lead to charges and possibly even court though. Some people can not control their tempers and it does show. I have seen many people on the side of the road screaming and yelling and throwing their arms in the air at each other and even throwing punches at each other.

I have settled down a lot with my road rage in the last 2 months now, but it still gets me when I am on my way to the city and stuck in peek hour traffic on the freeway.

So yeah share some of your experiences with road rage if you have any.

Torana

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

There was a news item the other day in my area. A car smashed into a tree by the side of the roadt at about 3 in the morning, Of the 4 people in the car, teenaged girl died at the scene, an adult passenger died a day later, and the other two people in the car were injured. Another car was heard speeding away from the scene.

The driver of the other car knew one of the passengers, was angru and drunk, and was chasing the car, ramming it from behind. The car in front lost control at high speeds and wrapped itself around the tree.

He is charged with several crimes, including murder.

3. dushechka

dushechka New Member

I don't drive. : )

But working at an Auto Appraisal company definitely puts things in perspective.

Sometimes though, there's always the chance the person driving is under unknown stress, and one small swerve puts them over the edge.

My dad likes to yell at annoying drivers, whereas, if I were in his position, I'd probably just grin and bear it. I'm not one for yelling or confrontation really..

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Cogito I heard about that on the news, was horrible.

I can't imagine how terrifying that would be though. Let shope I never get into a situation like that. :S

5. wordwizard

wordwizard New Member

I rarely get mad when driving. If people tailgate me then I just go extra slow. My funny little way to get even. If ppl cut me off to get ahead of me then I let them, if they want to risk a car accident to be 2 seconds ahead of me then fine. Ya there is little road rage here. there was this one mentally insane guy who was on the highway beside am and my bf going NUTS. but it wasn't anything we did....