1. TheApprentice

TheApprentice Senior Member

Unnatural Campus

Discussion in 'Archive' started by TheApprentice, Feb 16, 2014.

UNNATURAL CAMPUS
    GM: TheApprentice
    Co-GM: KingType

The Unnatural World:
    For longer than records here on Earth will tell, there have always been supernatural creatures hiding among the human race and out of sight. Perhaps there was a time long ago when they showed themselves to the human race, unafraid of punishment or execution, but if there was ever such a time, it has been gone for a long, long time.
    Now, in the modern era, the year 2008 to be exact, humans go about their business, thinking such things as vampires and werewolves to only exist in novel or book ideas, and of magic as being explainable tricks and optical illusions. Most never stop to consider how wrong they may be.
    Vampires, werewolves, demons, goblins, nucklavee, and any mysterious being of ancient legend, was thought up for a reason. They exist, out of sight to most, or hiding as one of us. However, the human race is in little danger of attacks. Aside from in fighting on the part of supernatural beings, there is also the fear of human aggression. Believe it or not, due to the advancements of weapons and tactics, the supernatural are not only afraid of humans much more than humans fear them, but are mostly perfectly content to go about their own business, without any plans to rule above the human race.

Magic:
    Magic is seen in many forms of media, including books, movies, and video games, but it is often depicted inaccurately. There is an endless amount of hidden energy all around the universe, and only requires the proper will to harness. A mage needs no ritual, staff, or wand to throw an explosive ball of fire, though such things might help to amplify the power of a spell. Magic has many forms...too many to actually count. There is elemental, physical buffing, healing, blood magic, psionics, and necromancy, to name a few.
    Unfortunately for non-humans, magic is particularly difficult to do. Humans can most easily aligne themselves with the energy which surrounds them. It is due to this, that the magic schools are almost exclusively human.

The World of Mages:
    Among the many supernatural things which exist without the average humans knowledge is magic. Unlike certain books or movies would have you think, magic is not reserved only for those gifted with the ability. Although there are some who have been reading minds or levitating objects since birth, anyone could learn it through hard study and an open mind. Men and women able to harness magic are known as mages. Though mages have been forced into hiding long, long ago, they still have many academies worldwide for the purpose of learning magic and expanding upon their knowledge of magic. Some are hidden in deep forests, some are deep beneath the sea, some are in flying cities....
    And some are on islands...

Gotha Island
    Far off the coast of California, there is an island the size of a small country, cursed long ago, so that only mages could find it. If you are an average joe and never even praciced magic though, you will not see it, and should you take a boat out into the pacific and run into the island, you will pass right through it. The island is also undetectable by satellites.
    The island is split up into three sections: A mountain area, a jungle area, the city, and the actual school.
    Located along the western edge of the island, the beautiful mountain area is, well, rocky, mostly, with a few plants growing out the side. There are some hiking trails, mines where some of the raw material comes from, and a rock elemental magic class occasionally has classes here. Some of us may appreciate, other features of the mountain area. In some abandon mines, small time gangs run their operations, or even worse, covens attempt rituals which spell bad news...for the whole island.
    Covering most of the island, the lush jungle area is full of trees, and plants, and bugs, animals too, if you couldnt guess by the name. There are also hiking trails, of course, and classes are sometimes held out here. Though it is often hot and humid, the trees above shade anyone walking through the jungle. Ruins can be found all throughout, looking to be of Roman architect. Oh...I forgot to mention, there's drug labs, and other illegal operations hidden within the jungle, and lone mages are often jumped and mugged, if not killed.
    Located at the center of the island, the sprawling metropolis is home to many, many mages, in case you didn't know. There is a beautiful view of the mountains from here, but the towering buildings block the view from the streets, but the green jungle still surrounds the concrete jungle, and there is a bay going inward all the way to the city, allowing for a gorgeous view of the vast, blue ocean, and a boardwalk full of excitement. The rest of the city is marvelous, where magic mixes with modern technology, the air is clean even in the industrial area, and magic is used by most in daily life. The law is rather loose on things such as marijuana and simple fighting, as evil rituals and human sacrifices are a much bigger problem than a few pot heads. Strangely, the crime rate in the city is relatively low, likely due to the powerful magic the law enforcement wields.
    Then there is the academy...

The Merlinus Academy
    These halls of learning are located at the northern tip of the city where the streets pavement meets the forest grass. There are pillars at the front entrance of both of the massive school buildings, and a single dorm building as big as a mansion. The outdoor vegetation surrounding the academy is well kept, and must be constantly taken care of, as the track field, football field, and baseball field are constantly being torn up by the spell flinging students.
    The indoor school is much like any college. The teachers are experienced and give difficult tests, and the students freak out over grades and form cliques all the time. Telepathic and physical buff students are the preps, psionics and elemental magic is practiced by the nerdy/geeky students, and blood magic/necromancy/conjuring is done by the gothy students.
    When first coming, the students are given a schedule and a dorm room number, and are offered a tour of the place. The student may then experience college just like anyone in the "average" world. Go to classes, get good grades, then get a good job on the island, one of the other schools throughout the world, or elsewhere in the hidden supernatural world. There are many more opportunities for a graduate of this place than one would think. If a mage changes their mind, they may have documents forged for a school of their choice, but with the grades they earned here are Merlinus.

Now that we should all have an idea of the setting, lets talk about...
    The Character Creation System:
    So I made this system to prevent overpowered characters from being made. There are three different types of skills: Magic, Non-Magic Combat, and Support Skills. These are the useful abilities of your characters. You get 10 points to spend with Magic skills, 10 points to spend on Non-Magic Combat, and 10 to spend on Support Skills. Magic skill points effect how skilled you are with certain forms of magic, so say you have 1 point in blood magic, then you know very little and cant boil enemies blood, control people, or make people bleed out of all their orifices. The most you can do at 1 point here is slow blood clotting slightly or give someone a nose bleed. With Non-Magic Combat and Support Skills, its the same as far as skill points. Non-Magical Combat is how proficient you are with your fists or certain weapons. Support Skills are skills that are not combat related and might help the party during the rp in ways like getting into a locked up building, getting confidential info, making money, or otherwise. Let me give an example of what your characters starting skills might look like:
    Magic:
    Telepathy: 1
    Psionics (Pyrokinesis): 5
    Healing: 4
    Non-Magic Combat:
    Hand to Hand (MMA): 3
    Clubs: 4
    Guns (Rifles): 3
    Support Skills:
    Infiltration: 2
    Guitar: 5
    Hacking: 3
    Notice how with certain skills I put another word parenthesese. This is because there are different variants of these skills. For psionics, there is pyrokinesis, telekinesis, cyrokinesis, hydrokinesis, and others. For hand to hand there are various different fighting styles and martial arts. For guns, there are rifles, shotguns, handguns, and machine guns. These are only examples of skills, and are not the only skills you may have. After you create your character, your character will need to train, study, or get experience with a skill to earn more points for it. Lets say you get into a lot of fist fights. Eventually your hand to hand will rise by one point. You may put any skills for each you can think of, so long as they match the description I gave for each in the first paragraph. The skill cap at the beginning is 30, but will raise as the plot advances.

Cash:
    The island city, despite its differences from the US, uses the US dollar as its currency. In this game, you need the right amount of cash to purchase from shops. You get this pretty easily, from looting the passed out/dead bodies of enemies you defeat, robbing or stealing it, selling things, performing for it, or from payment from some of the missions we will do. The prices from the shops for certain things will vary. You can buy things off of ShopWarlock.com for cheaper, though it is an illegal website and your items will take one to five days in game to arrive.

Now that we have gone over the general idea of the game, here are
    The Rules:
    1. I am gm, my word is law. Kingtype is the co-gm, and his word is also law, unless I say otherwise.
    2. No overpowered characters. The character creation system pretty much prevents that, but if you find some loophole and your character winds up being too powerful, I will have you edit your post. Also, no controlling other characters.
    3. The combat is written out by the players, and there is no hp system, but dont use this as an excuse to make your character unbeatable. I made the game without hp or anyone having to roll dice because I trusted everyone would know when their character was hit or defeated.
    4. No time skips without my permission.
    5. No arguing or flame wars in the game or discussion.
    6. If you are leaving, post that you are leaving first so we dont have hold ups. If you want to come back after a long absence, tell me via pm so I can work your character back into the story.
    7. No killing others characters. You can only defeat player characters, with NPC's, have fun.
    8. Cursing is fine, gore description is fine, and other adult themes are fine. If two characters are having a love scene, however, keep it PG-13.
    9. Being that my word is law, if I catch you doing something that is not posted here in the rules that I dont think should be allowed, I will either tell you to edit, or never do it again.

CS Template:
    Name:
    Appearance:
    Personality: (Please dont write TBA. At least put something down so we have a general idea what your character is like.)
    Magic:
    Non-Magical Combat:
    Support Skills:
    History:
    Notable Items: (Any items your character has that are significant)

mmarage likes this.
  2. TheApprentice

Also, keep track of the amount of cash your character has. I will pm you and tell you how much your character starts with.

mmarage likes this.
  3. losthawken

losthawken Author J. Aurel Guay Role Play Moderator Contributor

Approved

4. TheApprentice

As the sun had not risen one breezy morning, a mysterious fishing boat left the coast of California. Where was it going? Not even the passengers aboard knew. Perhaps they were going to a spot far out in the ocean where the crew would slaughter them. They hoped, however, that they were off to a place most humans could never see.

One passenger sat in the very middle of the boat, staring at the ground so as to avoid motion sickness. He endured the stench of the gasoline and the smell of the bait, which hung in the air despite being kept in a cooler below deck. The boat, though it's motor running slower than before, was still moving steadily forward over the ocean where now no land was in sight.

Then the passenger could take it no longer. The young, blonde gentleman felt his breakfast from that morning and his dinner from the night before rushing upwards through his esophagus. He rushed immediately to the side of the boat, as chunks were blowing out of his mouth and over the railing into the sea.

This passenger, was Mikkish Callanhad.

mmarage likes this.
  5. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

Joseph Hikari Nobunaga

I was standing at the front of the boat, leaning on the rails, a suitcase sitting next to my feet and a large blue cylindrical bag, containing my bow and quiver of arrows. I was just enjoying the breeze on my face, and doing my best not to get close to anyone or get in their way. This was my first time ever being away from home. I was so scared about what was in front of me... what if that letter was just some crazy thing that lured people to get murdered... well... if something happens, I still have my bow with me... but I don't think I could do something as horrendous as take someone's life... but if it were to defend myself and the lives of others, I'd do it. But... I can't think like that, I was going to finally learn how to use my strange powers! That had to be it, everyone was here for the same thing, they had a strange power and wanted to learn how to use them.

I brushed a stray hair behind my ear and then heard someone nearby vomiting, I noticed a man leaning over the rails. "Oh my..." I thought, I walked up to the man. "E-Excuse me..." I said timidly, my presence seemed to help settle his stomach, if only a little, I pulled out a small brightly colored packet of pills. "I-I noticed that you weren't feeling well, m-my mother got me these pills to help with seasickness... i-it's my first time on a boat you see, but I feel fine... um... h-here, please have these, you need them more than I do." I said, holding out the packet.

Leon Lawrence Levant

Leon was standing near the back of the boat, his back to the sea, leaning on the rail. Next to him was a meek boy, he was holding a lot of bags, three on each arm, two around his neck, and two between each arm. Though of course he was oh so happy to do it for Mr. Levant. Leon smirked. "Thank you oh so much Johnny for taking care of my bags." He said, he sounded amused, it had been so easy for this nerd to take his luggage, after all, one look at him and a little bit of his... 'persuasion' and he was eating out of his hand. "I-It's Jeremy..." The boy said quietly, still happy for the praise, though still straining under the weight of Leon's luggage. "Oh yes, whatever you say Joey." He said waving him off, Jeremy tried to open his mouth to open his mouth to correct him, but he could only let out a pained grunt.

6. TheApprentice

Mikkish paused a moment, noticing his stomach beginning to settle. This often happened whenever he had any stomach sickness, then he usually threw up again. His stomach was not about to fool him again.

"Thank you." Mikkish said, snatching the pills from the young man's hand and throwing them down his throat. It would take while for the meds to kick in. Mikkish would need to keep his food down until then.

He wondered himself, if he was just going somewhere to get shot and his body dumped in the ocean. Could the crew pull that off? When Mikkish had his magic? Did anyone else on the boat know magic? Mikkish had so many doubts that there would be a school at the end of this trip, but he just felt a nagging feeling drawing him to come on this trip.

This couldn't be a trick though. The island had to be real. The book had depictions of the island, and even showed a map of the Pacific showing where it was. And this book was how he learned magic. The book was now below deck, and for some reason, Mikkish couldn't stand to be without it.

"Hey, you think there is really an island? This can't be a trick, can it?"

mmarage likes this.
  7. mmarage

I watched the boy quietly as he took the medication, then asked me the question that had been plaguing my mind since the day I got the letter. "God I hope not... I really hope what I have is magic, it would explain so much... and being around people that actually understand me and not view me as a freak would be nice..." I said quietly, staring at the ground, my hands clasped around the golden locket hanging around my neck.

8. TheApprentice

Mikkish paused as he looked out over the ocean. He didn't feel sick any more, as he looked directly at the horizon.

What the other guy was saying kind of spoke with to him. Mikkish remembered all the fires that always started when he got too excited. He had a little more control over it now, but he still didn't quite understand it.

"I start fires. Well, not that I have much control over it, but I know I can do it." Mikkish said, hoping the other guy wouldn't think he was crazy "I have other gifts too. My thoughts influence people, and I can be fast and have a really hard punch. Is what you have anything like that?"

mmarage likes this.
  9. mmarage

I looked at the other boy amazed. "W-Whoa, that's awesome..." I said, when he asked me if I had anything like the powers he had, I shook my head. "No... whenever I touched my own or someone else's wounds, they'd begin sealing by themselves... and... whenever I'm around people... it seems to soothe them... I-I know it sounds really lame compared to yours..." I said, rubbing the back of my head awkwardly.

10. TheApprentice

"Oh, don't worry about it. Your gifts seem nice." He said with a smile "Besides, not everyone can be as great as me." Mikkish said jokingly, though it sounded a bit arrogant.

In truth, though Mikkish had healing abilities of his own, he was trying to hone his healing magic. He wondered how good this kid was. Mikkish didn't envy Joe's soothing presence though; Mikkish loved getting into fights, but he did wonder if the passing of his sea sickness had something to do with it.

"So if, hypothetically, this was a trap to lead us out to sea and kill us...you think we could take them?"

mmarage likes this.
  11. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

“My special power is eating tacos.” A voice spoke up.

Suddenly a both Joe and Mikkish found a boy of the same age standing in between them. So casually and still one would think he’d been there all along.

His somewhat blueish hair glowed in the sun and his eyes curious as he looked back and forth between the two.

The only thing that looked remotely intimidating about this baby faced boy was the sheathe on his back.

A wide grin plastered on his face. "So yeah I ate a lot of tacos once and then I was all like.......UGH I'M DYING!!!" He shouted. "But it turns out I just had to poo so I went poo and even more tacos and after that I pooed some more and ate some more tacos and that was big special day cause I wiped myself." He said in triumph.

He said as he put his arm around Mikkish's shoulder. A distant look in his gaze.

12. TheApprentice

Mikkish paused a moment, staring at the kid with blue messy hair, then the shy kid, then back at the kid with blue hair.

The conversation was turning into something horrible, something Mikkish couldn't stand. The conversation was becoming awkward. Mikkish couldn't stand awkwardness. He had to do something, even if the awkwardness was not because of anything he himself had done.

Slowly, Mikkish started clapping, wearing a friendly smirk on his face. "Yay!" Mikkish said, as if talking to a little kid "Blue haired Goku learned to wipe himself!" He said, making fun of the guy, not thinking the guy could tell.

Mikkish knew a retard when he saw one. It wasn't right to make fun of one, by his own standards, but this guy had interrupted Mikkish's conversation.

mmarage likes this.
  13. Kingtype

"Yeah I know." The boy said a smug smile on his face. "Not everyone can be as great as me." He said dumbly mimicking Mikkish and even slicking back his hair.

David's mother had made it very clear to him, to make friends who would help him and as far he could remember.....which to like.......a week or go or whatever was how long he could remember to......what? His sword had been in his only ally.

David studied Joe and Mikkish's faces as he struggled to think of something proper to say.

Hmmm

Something cool......

Something cool.....

Something to make friends....

Oh!!

"Ultra ninjas." He said putting up his hand to them for a high five.

14. TheApprentice

Mikkish didn't take it badly when the blue hair kid mocked him. He smiled in amusement and high fives him.

"Sure, you're a ninja. I'm not, i'm just a...a puckish rogue, and a lover of many women." He said, forgetting for a moment that this guy probably wouldn't understand a word he said "So, do you have an special powers? Are you really strong? Or start fires?" He asked, again as though talking to a little kid.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    mmarage likes this.
  15. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Perhaps it was a cruel play of fate.... yeah that had to be, fate offered me the chance only to trap me into a shadowy and dreadful game...

"Heh... so it comes to this...." mumbled the girl to herself. Even since the moment she was caught in that dreadful situation, her pride forced her not to scream for help, neither to cry, she had to withstand for herself or fail.

"I'm going to die right?, heh, I'm totally dead this time..." stated while condemning her foolishness inside her thoughts.

It happened only a while moment ago, the girl had to arrive a boat that would take her to a new whole different life, a chance that she couldn't reject, always eager for new experiences without a doubt signed and went to the place of encounter. A stand selling different groseries was close by and being she a big fan of chocolate and sweets bought a bag of chocolate candy the one she had been slowly eating by herself on a solitary spot in the boat, keeping distance for any other, not due of timidness yet because she didn't want anyone to ask her for chocolate. I'll met the people later... thought for herself while lying over the boat's edge. It happened as a cruel prank that the boat shook, the girl had no trouble to keep her balance yet she did lost the chocolate candies's bag that got caught right under the edge in very weird position that made it unnable to be reached by just extending the arm. After pondering her choices, the girl decided that it was the best to not take a foolish risk to get the bag, yet her impulsive's behaviour said the opposite and in less than an instant she was already trying to reach the bag with all her body... another sudden shook of the boat made her lost her balance this time, due to her awkward position she couldn't maintain herself in the boat and fell over the edge; she saw the water coming for her and readied for the impact yet something keeped her in the place, it was her jacket that somehow hung on the boat's edge keeping her in a very dangerous position; she tried her best to crawl back yet her body's position wasn't the best suited for that, and thus for already 10 minutes had the girl been hunging from the boat's edge, not seeking help yet trying to get back by herself.

Boat will shake again, boat will shake again, boat will shake again.... these were the thoughts of the girl waiting for the sudden movement that will surely drop her to the water.

16. TheApprentice

Mikkish wouldn't have noticed the girl dropping over the edge if he wasn't looking taking a glance at the girl. He hadn't even met the girl, yet still he was lusting over her. It was for her to decide if this was good or bad for her, as Mikkish moved quickly to the other side of the boat.

"Hey grab my hand or you're going to fall in!" Mikkish called to her as he reached out his hand. There was a crew on the boat who would sure help her back on if she fell, but Mikkish treated it as urgent nonetheless.

mmarage likes this.
  17. lixAxil

To grab his hand?... thought the girl, was is this boy thinking?, asking me who he doesn't even know to grab his hand? pondered clearly forgotting the true matter of the situation...

"Heey, I don't even know you" screamed through the sound of the waves still hunging from the boat's edge.
    "I won't let any random guy to touch my hand.... so... go away!!!" screamed yet her scream stopped abruptly..

Wait... could it be that he is trying to help me so I don't fall?... yeah... that's a possibility also... can I be sure though? pondered the girl, making the situation awkward as she stood silent while hunging... and then it happened, the boat shook again making her whole body to move and perhaps just due to luck her jacket still hunged to the edge, thus keeping her in the position, yet the sudden shake made her change her mind...

"Rightt... the ha-hand..." said scared extending her hand as quick as she could before any new shake of the boat.

18. TheApprentice

Mikkish quickly grabbed her hand and pulled her on deck. He would have reached down and grabbed her anyway, of course, whether she liked it or not.

Really though, did everyone on the boat have problems? First there was the mentally handicapped blue haired guy, now this girl almost lets herself fall into the ocean.

"So..." Oh no! It was happening again! The situation was once again becoming awkward "Do you know magic too?" He asked, unsure if she would take the question seriously.

mmarage likes this.
  19. lixAxil

The girl pressed her finger on her chin, caught in deeply thought. She didn't even made a big fuss after being rescued such as excesive gratitude or begun to cry out of the blue, instead behave as if nothing serious had happened...

"So..." Oh no! It was happening again! The situation was once again becoming awkward "Do you know magic too?" He asked, unsure if she would take the question seriously.

Oh right... he rescued me thought the girl... I suppose I must thank him.

"Than............. OH DAMN, my chocolate!!!" screamed looking over the edge in despair and finding nothing, the boat's shaking probably made it fall....

"Cursed boat why does it have to shake all the time... what will I do now?..." mourned totally ignoring the boy's question.

20. Kingtype

David cocked his head in interest at the scene and slowly moved towards it as he watched Mikkish interact with the girl.

"Than............. OH DAMN, my chocolate!!!"

David's eyes widened as she shouted.

No!

No!

No!

"Captain Chocolate has fallen over board!" David suddenly let out a panicked scream as he ran past Mikkish and his new buddy. "I'm coming!" He shouted attempting to throw himself off the boat to seek Captain Chocolate.

Captain Chocolate had been his greatest ally in the war of candy pieces.....wait what war of candy pieces?

Oh right!

Captain Chocolate was the braved captain who'd road the gumdrop ship.

21. TheApprentice

Mikkish was about to ask the girl what was so important about some damn chocolate, before he was cut off by David yelling about a guy named Captain Chocolate. He quickly grabbed David, stopping him from falling over the edge.

"Hey chill out! Who the fuck is Captain Chocolate?" He yelled, struggling to keep David from jumping.

Mikkish was normally chilled out and a happy guy, but he couldn't help but start getting irritated. Was everyone now willing to die for chocolate? He no longer feared that this was a sham and the crew would kill him. No. If anybody was going to be the death of him, it was these lunatics.

mmarage likes this.
  22. lixAxil

"Oh right!!" exclaimed the girl as if she were to had returned from a trance
    "Thank you for helping me in my ordeal..." said to the boy in the most formal way she could. She then lied against the edge again adopting a comfortable position. The girl adopted a serious face and begun to speak in a solem tone.

"So... you wanna know wo Captain Chocolate is right?... are you sure you want to dwelve into the dark secret of such obscure leyend Reunhald?..." asked the girl to the boy who rescued her, she even invented a name for him as no formal introductions had been done yet.

23. Kingtype

"Hey chill out! Who the fuck is Captain Chocolate?"

"Captain Chocolate served with me in the candy forces!" David said and suddenly paused with his mouth wide open.

His eyes shifted to the girl.

"So... you wanna know wo Captain Chocolate is right?... are you sure you want to dwelve into the dark secret of such obscure leyend Reunhald?..."

David suddenly started leaping up and down. "Ooooh I wanna know!! I wanna know!" He said cheerfully hoping this girl could explain who Captain Chocolate was.

Even though he'd just said it.....or did he?

Did he know what a Captain Chocolate was? Upon closer inspection into his man he'd realized that he'd never served in candy arm.

WAIT or did he?

When would he of served? David seemed to be stuck in limbo now contemplating a war he might have or might have not fought with candy people.

24. TheApprentice

Mikkish paused an looked at the girl with the most bored expression, then looked at David with the same expression.

"What the hell is wrong with you people? There was never any candy war. Hershey chocolate has always been at the top. There are other candy companies too, but none have ever challenged Hershey." Mikkish paused, realizing he was going off topic "Really though, we all know there was never any candy war, and there is no Captain Chocolate!"

mmarage likes this.
  25. mmarage

I chuckled a little at Mikkish's joke. "Um... well I think tha-" I was suddenly cut off by a blue haired boy. "Huh...?" I mumbled as I listened to the boy, from an instant, I knew that he was mentally handicapped, I merely smiled politely and high fived him when he suddenly shouted 'Ultra Ninjas!' and raised his hand in the air for one.

The next thing I knew was that the sick boy ran to go help someone that had fallen overboard, I rushed over with him and looked over the rail, the first thing I noticed was a girl hanging over the edge of the boat, held up only by her jacket, the next thing I noticed was a bag hanging off of the boat precariously. I watched as the boy hauled the girl up, then the mentally handicapped boy rushing over at the girl talking about what I assumed to be the bag hanging over the edge, I gasped as he tried to jump overboard to rescue 'Captain Chocolate'.

I listened to them go on for a while as I contemplated how to get the bag, the only way I could see to get it, is if one of them were to lower one of us over the edge of the boat, otherwise there was no way to get it by yourself, unless you had some long hooked object, or a fishing pole... oh wait!

I rushed away and asked one of the men for a fishing pole, I merely rubbed the back of my head nervously and chuckled nervously as I explained the situation, the fisherman gave me an incredulous look and muttered something not so polite and lent me a fishing pole. I rushed back over and carefully began to lower the line. "Come on... come on..." I mumbled, concentrating as I tried to skewer one of the bag's handle with the fishing line... miss... miss... almost... just a little more... there! The sharp metal hook had dug into the bag's handle, I began to carefully reel it in, doing my best to not jostle the bag and lose its contents.

Soon I reeled it over the rails and I carefully took the bag back onto the boat and unhooked it from the hook. "Ah, got it." I said smiling, I held out the bag of chocolate to the girl. "H-Here you go, this is what you wanted right?" I asked nervously, I really hoped it was... I nearly had several heart attacks as the boat rocked and nearly caused me to lose the bag's contents.