Romantic Research, Yuck!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CottonCandi, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Lydia

Lydia Contributor Contributor

A bit late, but I just remembered this one:

If you are not God’s most beautiful creation, then He never created anything.

Definitely one of the sweetest things someone has ever said to me. =)

2. art

art Contributor Contributor

As a buttoned-up Englishman the only things I'll readily concede to loving are my dog, certain foodstuffs and occasional sportsmen. 'I love you' takes some effort I can tell you.

Actions are the thing, as you say, though your dash across the country would surely have been elevated to a pleasure by your understanding - on some level - that it was a grand, knightly gesture you were making.

The most romantic things are those quotidian acts which have no element of romance, no pleasurable element to them; to wit: hours spent clothes or, please FML, ornament shopping; or spending countless hours with her delightfully entertaining friends and family.:rolleyes:

3. Heather

Heather New Member

That is so cute, I’ve got a big cheesy smile after reading that, and I’m normally not the romantic type.

Seriously though, I hate it when lads try and feed you lines that they think it romantic, it makes me cringe. I started seeing my boyfriend a few months ago, with the intention of it being just something to pass the summer with, since I’m moving to the other end of the country in just over a month. But it’s gotten a little more serious than that, and as simple as it sounds, when we were talking about things he said “I just want to be with you”, and I thought that was the most romantic thing, because I’ve never heard a guy just say what he wants, straight up, to me before. :redface:

As for actions, my favourite nights are when he cooks my tea – he can’t cook in the slightest so he makes us microwave meals, but is so proud that he did, it’s the cutest thing ever.

4. madhoca

madhoca Contributor Contributor

My husband's English was (still is really!) very rudimentary when we first met. The first time I called him back (he was calling me at work but I was in a lesson all morning) he could hardly say anything apart from arranging a meeting. At the end of the day, the secretary handed me a note that had arrived. He'd written (with the help of a dictionary):
    "I am happy up into sky. You made joyful explosion inside my head with calling." I know it says this because I've kept the note.

5. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

The most romantic thing I've ever done? I did it last winter. I cooked my girlfriend an Italian meal with a bottle of good wine, and we than drank the rest as we sat watching the snow falling after the food was eaten. We just sat and hugged each other until around midnight, and then we went to bed (yes. We did.)

Sometimes it really is the little things that stay with you.

6. Heather

Heather New Member

Oh that is lovely!! It's weird how little things like that are so much more impacting that big, romantic gestures.

7. SteamWolf

SteamWolf New Member

"I want to grow old together"