1. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

Romeo x Juliet

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by soujiroseta, Jul 14, 2008.

Ive spent the vast majority of the last 24 :Dhours watching an anime based on Shekespeare's great love story. i was wondering if anyone else has seen this and what you think about this Romeo and Juliet story.:):)

2. Klee

Klee New Member

I've seen it, and I think it's actually more original than other stories so blatantly based on Romeo and Juliet. I actually started watching it because the same company made Gankutsuo, inspired by the Count of Montecristo, and it was sooo good.

Mmm, I think it could've done without so much drama, but it was so worth it because of Tybalt~

3. soujiroseta

soujiroseta Contributor Contributor

oh dear another tybalt fan:confused:...i must admit though that the story line is very different from the usual romeo and juliet movies. i kind of liked the drama its whats kept me awake throughout this marathon.:p but the change in story line is kinda refreshing and im enjoying it...i also liked the fact that they worked in William, that was cool.

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Not I. I was once the biggest Anime fan. In the last ten years Anime has become really AnEMO. Not for me.

5. Fluxhavok

Fluxhavok Active Member

lol "anemo"... i agree with you there. gimme ninja scroll, or the original ghost. i also liked outlaw star, and samurai champloo.

6. xMissEnvyx

xMissEnvyx New Member

I LOVE samurai Champloo but I can never catch it on television anymore :(

7. Fluxhavok

Fluxhavok Active Member

8. xMissEnvyx

xMissEnvyx New Member

THANKS! I got so far in the season, then the show just disappeared! I wanna know if she ever found the man who smelled like sunflowers!! :)

9. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I have not seen this, but I am interested in seeing it now. I will hunt it down and let you know my thoughts.

<And it is Shakespeare... sorry for being a typo nazi, but I thought I'd point that out.>

10. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Even Miyazaki's newer work has gone down that road. I loved Naussica, it was an awesome story and Mononoke Hime just blew me away in style and visual detail. I thought Spirited Away was cute and funny in places, but it became maudline at the end. Howl's was total EMO. I mean, come on, Howl gets all freaked out and starts to exude temporal slime just because his hair care and coloring products were rearanged in the bathroom. Please.