1. Xentrobis

Xentrobis Banned

Serial Killings in the UK

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Xentrobis, Dec 12, 2006.

The titles all in the Link.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6171319.stm

Looks like Jack The Ripper type of stuff we have at hand here.

What are your thoughts on this.

2. bicker

bicker Active Member

Don't be a hooker

3. The Freshmaker

The Freshmaker <insert obscure pop culture reference> Contributor

Ignore the above poster, kids. Prostitution shows the true spirit of entrepeneurship still alive in today's young women.

4. bicker

bicker Active Member

you're right i should have said. Don't be a hooker in Ipswich at the moment.

5. Hellbent

Hellbent New Member

I don't think I could do prostitution for a living. It's just not right. Plus, like with women, there'd be a lot of disgusting customers.

6. poetryliberates

poetryliberates Banned

even so, prostitutes, are still human beings. No matter what they do for a living, its no excuse to take their lives. i dont like john howard or george bush, but im not going on a murdering spree.....

7. Draven

Draven New Member

Yeah, I hear you. You wouldn't want to be stuck having sex with some 300 pound monster either. :eek:

8. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

I found this to be truly diabolical as with all murders. It doesn't matter what the private business is of the victim, the fact is that there is a fuckwit murdering people out there that should strike terror into anyone...male or female.
    These women maybe prostitutes (not that it matters) but that doesn't detract from them being someone's daughter, mother, sister, etc being taken from those who may love them. :mad: :mad: :mad:

9. ariella

ariella New Member

in a home full of wonderful and loving people I ca
    Exactly Max, I actually know a chick that prostitutes herself and she does it for her children so she can feed and clothe them. Yeah sure some do it cause they like it, but sometimes others just don't have a damn choice.

The fact that someone is going around killing prostitutes is just as sickening as someone going around killing any other person.

10. Hellbent

Hellbent New Member

I on the other hand don't give a shit. I look at prostitutes just like suicide cases. It's taking the easy way out- it's much easier than getting a real job. I'm pretty sure nobody anywhere (especially women) would have to sell their body to feed and clothe their kids. You know how many charities and shit there is out there for cases like that- 'cause I don't- but I've heard helper people on the radio, but it wansn't plugged in, so...i was hearing voices.

Hey, If nothing else she could give them up for adoption or give them to family for a while. That's what I would do.

But hey, what do I know...I'm not in that situation- because I'm lots smarter than these humans.

11. Hellbent

Hellbent New Member

More importantly we need to remember this:D

12. Jack The Ripper

Jack The Ripper Banned

Yeah real funny.

Though Hellbent has put it so hmmm. I find myself in total agreement with him.

13. Robert

Robert Banned

The idea that being a prostitute is the only way to feed and clothe one's children is nonsense.

I don't like to see what's happening at the moment with the sudden appearance of 5 dead prostitutes around Ipswich, I certainly don't think they deserved to be murdered, but being a prostitute means choosing to put yourself at risk.

Cheers,
    Rob

14. Raven

Raven Banned

Now thats almost true.
    Myself I'm not into Prostitutes but then I'm marraid with three kids.
    However there are those that can't get a girl friend and well we are only human at the end of the day. So in that sense Prostitues are providing a service. They choose to do so. I don't believe though they do because they have no money. There are a lot of people out there with less money and they don't turn to prostitution.

Its a thought for mixed feelings. Its a free world an all that. But I do believe they put themselves at risk and they do know the risks.
    Murder is horrid and uncalled for no one has the right to kill another in cold blood but it happens and these prostitues know the risks.

~Raven.

15. IndianaJoan

IndianaJoan New Member

Boy do i have to agree with you on this point!

16. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

Disagree. Prostitution doesn't only exist in so-called civilised UK and USA. In some pockets of the world (third world countries) prostitution is the only way a woman can keep herself and children alive.

So is simply walking your dog down the street, or commuting to work everyday and night. But we wouldn't tolerate a murder in those situations or force nonsense moral opinions on them. Why should a woman who works as a prostitute be seen any differently to the rest of us when simply wanting to live her life the way she chooses without some fucked up psycho wanting to kill her?
    Any man or woman's choice to work in the sex trade is their business. Why look upon them differently if something terrible like this should befall them as opposed to anyone else?

17. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

You would know this from personal experience? Or making a generalisation?

I'm much more confident now to know that you have confirmed to me that you make donations to these charities and shit.
    After all, money doesn't come from nowhere that these charities and shit need to rely on.

You might want to look up 'non sequitur', because that's exactly what you have made here, m'boy.
    You're a lot smarter than these humans because you 'don't know as you're not in that situation'? Yup, makes real sense!

18. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributor Contributor

it's awful all of these murders. my auntie lives there with er family, and although they are not hookers its still a little un-nerving. and i agree with the people who say that being a prostitute is wrong, it is just an excuse, but that does not make it right for them to be murdered.
    heather
    :)

19. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

I'm confused, why is prostitution wrong? In what way is it wrong?
    Morally?
    Would that include cigarettes and alcohol that poisons the body as opposed to sex which actually does a person good? Many are not as shocked to know that those two are actually legal.
    But something natural that makes a person feel good must be made illegal and frowned upon. For what purpose I don't know, but it's a stupid one and is a throwback tothe archaic days that sex is supposed to be bad (unless you were married).

Apparently, hookers are the only people capable pf spreading diseases. This wouldn't include the many thousands upon thousands of everyday "normal" people who open their legs so easily to any stranger in a bar or nightclub everyday and night. :rolleyes:
    Yeah, even the most stupid prostitute wouldn't have the sense to demand condoms or a no kissing policy. :rolleyes:

I would expect with the stupid idiotic behaviours that men and women get themselves into with each other all the time you'd actually expect prostitutes to be much safer and cleaner than anyone else!

If you trade money for a product or a service then it's, by definition, a business.
    Sex is not a spiritual sacred thing. It's simply a natural act that some people need to come to terms with.

20. Heather Louise

at the end of day, women have been working for 1000's of years for equaltity and respect, and now that we are finally close to getting it, we still go and sell our bodies in various different ways. it makes me sick to think that there are women out there that think they have to do it for what ever reason.
    heather

21. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

The quote in bold highlights the fact that prostitution is a choice: the very thing meaning equality does it not?

22. Hellbent

Hellbent New Member

Hahha...that was pretty funny.

23. Robert

Robert Banned

Which happens to be irrelevant to the context of the discussion. But someone had to post it.

I didn't argue that they should be seen differently. I pointed out that they exposed themselves to risk through choice. Anyone who gets into cars with strangers at night is choosing to expose themselves to the same risk. But who does it, apart from prostitutes? Precious few. Why? Because the risk is quite different and significantly greater than walking down the street or commuting to work, which I'd have thought was obvious, even to you.

But yes, if we're talking about prostitution generally, rather than the murder of prostitutes, then why shouldn't we force moral opinions on them? That's what society does. I don't like prostitutes. I wouldn't want them hanging around in my neighbourhood. I'd like to see them cleared off the streets. If they can't get themselves cleaned up off their drugs and look after their kids responsibly, throw them into prisons and take the kids into care.

Cheers,
    Rob

24. Max Vantage

Max Vantage Banned

Likewise, your comment was also irrelevant to the context of the post. I fail to see the point you’re making here. My comment to you was directly in context with yours.

Which is why the majority now only are willing to exchange with clients in a brothel where they have a greater resource of protection. That much is obvious to anyone who knows someone in the scene or knows something about it.

Whose? Yours? What if others choose not to live by the ones chosen for them? You can’t put people in a vacuum expecting that to work.

If you’re a sheep accepting everything you’re told to do or behave as expected by others. Things don’t work that way.

Sorry mate, straw man argument!!!
    Not every prostitute is on drugs, doesn’t always have kids, and if they do not all of them are treated irresponsibly because mummy is prostitute.

25. Heather Louise

at the end of the day it is a silly thing to do, you are putting yopur self at ridks by doing it, as the murders have obviosly proped. it is an easy way out of not having enough money, and it is still illegal so they are still breaking the law. and yes i know that it is their choice, but many propstitues get into the buisness for a short time fix and then find it hard to get out for what ever reasons.
    heather
    :)