1. qp83

qp83 Member

Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by qp83, May 22, 2014.

I'm male, 31 years old, single, non-english speaking.

I've read about 10 books in my life, and I've written 1 story in my life; excluding a story I wrote in a school assignment when I was 10-12, and another one when I was 14(I don't count these, because I wasn't very serious when I wrote one of them, and the other I was so young and it was so long ago, that I don't remember if I actually finished it.).

Reading to me, is like work, and I really don't like work.

As long as I can remember I've had the desire to make my own stories. My problem has always been that I lack in the creative department. Not necessarily the making-up-the-story part, but more of how to translate it into a medium in the real world. I've tried drawing and writing, and neither excite me very much. However, at least when it comes to writing, something in me wants to get better at it, so even though I might not find it to be a very fun way of wasting my time, I find it challenging.

So that's why I joined this forum, to try to get better at writing. I'm not looking to write something that could be published, at least not in this decade.

Hopefully, sometime in the future, I can share some of my stories and get some critique to help me advance in the game of writing, in the meanwhile I will enjoy reading and learning from the critique you give to others.

I don't know how good or useful critique I could give—like I said in the second paragraph, I only have about 10 books of reading experience in my bagage, and next to none when it comes to experience in writing—but I'll give it a shot.

(most likely I will go back to lurker-mode after this. very shy creature this one.)

Anyways, nice to meet you!

(edited 4 times and counting.)

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

I had to laugh at that last bit concerning editing your post. I'm always going back and editing my posts, so you're not alone. When someone quotes one of my posts and I see errors in the quoted portion, I cringe. :(

Anywho...

Please have a quick read through the New Member Quick Start where you'll find link to the Forum Rules, and the FAQ.

Have fun! :D

Wrey