1. MusingWordsmith

MusingWordsmith Shenanigan Master Contributor

Salutations!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MusingWordsmith, Oct 13, 2016.

Hey! I'm a new memeber here at WritingForums. I have never been a part of a community like this before, we'll see how it goes.

I like to write realistic-ish fantasy. Mostly to avoid having to keep things 'historically accurate' than anything else. I'm shy about sharing my own original writing, especially publicly online, but I might find myself giving some critiques here and there.

I don't honestly know if I'll be a very active part of the community? I made this account to ask a question (I'll post it over on the Research forum) but we'll see how it goes!

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to the forum! :) I hope you'll stick around. This is a lovely community, I think. Feel free to browse our workshop. You know, one of the best ways to learn to write is to give critiques to other writers. :D

Also, here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around!

-Kat

A man called Valance likes this.
  3. sarah_we

sarah_we New Member

Hey,

Welcome to the forum!
    I can relate to that, I don't like sharing my stories either. But I try to keep in mind that critique is always helpful. I browsed some threads here so far and what I've read has been really insightful. The critiques are well written and honest. So I think I will start posting things here, we'll see :D
    It would be great to see you around :)

4. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    I don't get it. Realisticish Fantasy to avoid having to be historically accurate?
    Would you not simply just make up the world. Fantasy is like the no rules
    barred kinda genre. Accuracy seems like something to aim for if one would
    want it to be realisticish. Fantasy is by definition unrealistic, so why does
    it matter how realistic it is? (My brain hurts now):p

Welcome to the Forum, have fun. :supersmile:

mushroom_forest-wallpaper-1152x720.jpg