1. RGDesigns

RGDesigns New Member

HOW DO I STRUCTURE MY BOOK

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by RGDesigns, Jan 28, 2014.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and writing my very first book. I have been compiling stories and such that will match photos to go with them, but I want it to be more than a story just about me. I want it to inspire people what I have done. Can someone help me, I need to get the rest of the messages out of my doggone head, but I go blank because how to write it, more than just a story (20 short shorties that is..2 pages each), and make sense of how to do it without sounds off my rocker or putting together a scattered wreck. Thanks for any help. RG

2. A.M.P.

A.M.P. People Buy My Books for the Bio Photo Contributor

Well, instead of making it into a collection of stories, why not just make it into a autobiography that focuses on those events?
    Make it one nice sweeping thing.

I'd omit pictures if you don't make it autobiographical.
    And even then, it can be tacky.
    Pictures are better for stories and biographies that are of a time that isn't recent or modern.

If you want people to care or be inspired, it has to be personal and has to feel genuine and real.

3. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

My suggestion, for what it's worth, is to write the stories and figure out how they fit together when it comes to you what makes sense.

Think about what the story is you are trying to tell. Is it just that you've had a bunch of cool adventures? What have you done you feel is inspiring? What does it inspire? If you are like me this may have been fuzzy, you know there is something there but the form is not quite in focus. As you write each story the focus should become more clear and the structure will reveal itself.

But you also need to guide that development by asking yourself those questions, what is your story, what does it inspire? Keep writing and it will come into focus.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. :)

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

I mentor aspiring writers and will be glad to help you figure it all out... you can email me anytime...

love and hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

5. Siena

Siena Senior Member