Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributing Member Contributor

Sanders suing the DNC

Discussion in 'Debate Room' started by Lea`Brooks, Dec 19, 2015.

I put this in the Debate subforum, because I'm sure it'll eventually turn into one.... :rolleyes:

But it's official. Bernie Sanders is now officially suing the DNC. And in my own opinion, it's about time someone stood up to them. I've seen nothing but article after article accusing the DNC of being unfair and biased. And after Wednesday's data breach, it's becoming more and more clear. Not only is NGP VAN’s CEO a former Clinton employee (Bill's), but the DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz is also a former Clinton employee (Hillary's).

I've tried to ignore the conspiracy theory that the DNC is intentionally sandbagging Sanders -- accusing Debbie of being a Clinton supporter, the lack of debates, holding them on weekends when they're likely to get less viewers, and disinviting a DNC vice chairwoman to a debate after calling for more of them. But now? It's gone too far and is making me question whether or not those conspiracy theories are true. Even the vendor stated that the Sanders' staffer who tried to download the data was unable to do so and received nothing from it. Yet the DNC is still barring him from voter data, making him prove he destroyed all documents he received (which will be really hard to do, considering he didn't receive anything from it).

All of this comes the day after Sanders reaches 2mil individual donations and a major endorsement, and also a day before another debate.... Shady, shady politics.

123456789 likes this.
  2. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Supporter Contributor

The corruption of Clinton, Schultz, and the DNC is astounding. On the other hand, a die-hard 'Hillary as a second choice' person I often discuss this with told me today that if the DNC didn't reverse this and fast she would vote third party instead of HRC. So that's progress.

123456789 likes this.
  3. Lea`Brooks

I forgot to mention -- another DNC Chairwoman said she'd resign if they didn't reverse it! It's truly mind-boggling what's happening right now.

4. Steerpike

Maybe the establishment will figure out that the voters mean something. Imagine! :)

123456789 and Lea`Brooks like this.
  5. Steerpike

6. thirdwind

thirdwind Contributing Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I never really liked Clinton, but now I like her even less. What's happening to this country?

123456789 likes this.
  7. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

Come Hill or high water!

--Sanders' motto.
    (fictional)

8. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

The fact Sanders fired the campaign staffer involved and 3 more left computer tracks of running searches while the firewall was down suggests there are two sides to the story.

But more than that, this is a Sanders' coup. Think about it, it benefits Sanders if his supporters think the establishment is out to disadvantage him. That certainly more than makes up for the temporary lack of access to the data base. And for the DNC not to know that is doubtful. Or they're idiots. Always a possibility.

9. Steerpike

Voters are shallow?

Link the Writer and 123456789 like this.
  10. Steerpike

11. Acanthophis

Acanthophis ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Contributor

Supporters already know the establishment is out to disadvantage him - in fact that is one of the main reasons why his campaign is so successful. There's already a mountain of evidence showing so, this probably won't add much. This doesn't help, it hurts. A lot. It really doesn't benefit him at all, because now there is going to be a legal battle which will take up a lot of time, and probably shift what little media attention he does have towards the legal process instead. We know how easy it is for the media to manipulate footage, so the trial will probably look bad (for him) on broadcast.

---

This really pisses me off, and I can't even vote lol. Corruption just sitting out there where everybody can see, and nothing will probably be done about it, even if the campaign endures. It's a shame.

Steerpike likes this.
  12. GingerCoffee

I fail to see why the DNC would need some conspiracy to harm Sanders. It's not necessary and like I said, this only serves to benefit Sanders.

Look at the attention Trump gets in the news. It's incessant. He's certainly benefitting from the attention. And Sanders has been out of the news for months. Now, just before the next debate Sanders gets news coverage.

The same is true claiming the lack of debates was supposedly to benefit Clinton over Sanders. He didn't exactly get a poll bump with the last debate. No matter who spun what as to the 'winner', there was no poll jump for Sanders.

So here we have two supposed conspiracies that the DNC is acting to favor Clinton. Yet in one, the number of debates, there was no particular advantage shown to Sanders from the debate, and in the other, the result is going to favor Sanders. If you think it won't because Sanders' supporters already believe the DNC is acting in Clinton's favor, just watch. He will get increased donations and a bump in the polls (though I suspect the bump will be small).

By the way, there's not going to be any trial. :rolleyes: They filed a motion for an injunction, that's all the further it will go. The DNC is not going to deny access to the lists for very long. They've already said all they want at this point is an independent review to know what information was accessed and how it was used.

Sanders' camp took advantage of a computer glitch. The DNC didn't make them, nor did the DNC have anything to do with the glitch other than hiring a crappy computer firm to manage the data. Do try to keep that in mind.

13. GingerCoffee

There are always two sides to a story. One side might be right and the other wrong, but one typically needs to look at both sides to know which is which.

DNC, Sanders reach deal restoring access to voter data

Here's a different version of the probably less than innocent breach:
    I think it's pretty clear this is bullshit:
    Of course the Sanders' camp is going to play up the 'DNC is promoting Clinton' charges. A lot of people at the top in the DNC are Clinton supporters. But just like the RNC doesn't want Trump to win because they don't believe he can win the election, the DNC may feel the same about Sanders' chance of winning in the general.

And of course Schultz is going to deny it:
    And from a third party, a bit more to consider:
    There's an interesting discussion on the site about just what is in those data files and how easily personal information about voters collected gets out.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2015
    Acanthophis likes this.
  14. edamame

edamame Contributing Member Contributor

It's sad that there's so much in-fighting in the DNC that they resorted to a lawsuit. I really don't think Sanders would be doing this just for a PR stunt. It's costly, time consuming, and I wouldn't want media attention diverted from campaign issues. It benefits no one except to make the party seem petty and incompetent.

If nothing else though, maybe having outsiders look at these issues would stop more from cropping up.

15. GingerCoffee

I think there were multiple reasons behind the lawsuit, the biggest one being the Sanders' camp felt that every day without the data was very costly.

Now I think there's a bit of trying to tarnish one's opponent with the same brush to make your side look not so bad.

16. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Oh the plot thickens...so Sanders and his entourage are now saying they think something smells funny that the person on their staff that got busted looking at Hillary's voting data was actually referred to them by the DNC and by NGP VAN, the company that runs the servers the data is on.

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/the-sanders-campaign-is-taking-their-fight-with-200738611.html?soc_src=mail&soc_trk=ma

Is it possible that this Josh character was a plant, and that in the case that Sanders was anywhere near Clinton in the polls, he would do this to undermine Sanders campaign to help Hillary win?

17. Lea`Brooks

Do you really think that's the case or are you just trying to stir the pot? lol I've become very cautious about commenting on debate threads these days because I don't want to get insulted or chewed out like has become the norm.

18. Lewdog

I'm just summarizing what seems to be the message that the Sander's group is putting out right now. Why else mention that the DNC and the company that runs the servers that he breached the data on, recommended him to the Sander's party? Seems inline with some of the other conspiracies out there that mention that the head of the DNC and many other influential members of the DNC either worked with Hillary and Bill or under them at one point.

19. Lewdog

Does anyone else think that Sanders reminds you of Jimmy Carter somewhat?

20. edamame

I support Sanders and I think a double agent is stretching things a bit. It may just be that Sanders' campaign wants people to know it doesn't hire unsavory characters and forces them to do underhanded things. After all, this person in particular was even approved by the DNC.

21. GingerCoffee

What nonsense.

It helps Sanders and doesn't hurt him one bit. The DNC is not that stupid to not know that.

22. edamame

Interesting analysis on Sanders suing the DNC by The Young Turks.

Lewdog and Lea`Brooks like this.
  23. Lea`Brooks

Nice find! I feel about the same way as that guy. Saying Urestky was a plant is pushing it a little far for me. But there's definitely something fishy going on, and the DNC is clearly biased and in favor of Hillary.

24. Steerpike

I don't think there's any real question but that the DNC is biased, just like there isn't any real question but that Clinton is a corrupt, opportunistic politician and worse. The campaign is really an indictment of our electorate as much as anything else. You have people supporting Trump on one side and Hillary on the other side as the two front runners. What does that tell you about the American electorate? Nothing good.

25. GingerCoffee

Not the best thread to put this in but I didn't want to start a new one:

This is one reason why Sanders can't win the election:
    AN ANALYSIS OF SENATOR BERNIE SANDERS’S TAX PROPOSALS
    No matter how reasonable or how much the lower and middle income people will benefit, the public as a whole will not accept this kind of proposal. They are too brainwashed by the right wing narrative that all government spending is bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.