1. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Say Something Nice About Somebody

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewdog, Jul 16, 2015.

There seems to be a lot of negative threads, which I admittedly not on purpose added to, so I thought I would start a thread that might lift people up and make themselves feel recognized and more appreciated.

(Feel free to critique these opening sentences as I'm not sure if I wrote them correctly.)

I'll start by saying that I think that @Link the Writer might be the most level-headed person on the forum and I rarely see him have a negative thing to say.

:cheerleader:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2015
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Minstrel is my temperance, the hand that lays over mine when my Puerto Ricanness comes to the front.

The Trians are my connection to a beautiful youth spent in Europe. They are the friends I had then, renewed.

Mckk has been a joy to come to come to know. We disagree on so many things, always respectfully, and with an eye to learning the other's point of view, not to badgering the other into the fold.

Komposten is me when I was a lad. I joke with him and chide him and make him blush, but only because I think he's special.

And Daniel, Daniel gave me a chance to be a more integral part of things. I like being part of things.

3. RachHP

RachHP Senior Member

Great thread, @Lewdog. So many awesome people to comment about, but I'll stick to three:

@Lemex - classiest fellow around. I always learn something new when he posts.
    @The Mad Regent - he reminds me of a rubik's cube: lots of facets, provokes joy in some and the urge to smash in others ;) I'm constantly amazed by his consideration and kindness (there's a heart of gold under all those stickers).
    @Talia - MIA recently but sorely missed. Such an intelligent, warm and encouraging woman. Her writing is what my work wants to be when it grows up :p

4. lustrousonion

lustrousonion Senior Member

From posts on the forum, @KaTrian has only ever made wonderful impressions on me.

zoupskim, Oscar Leigh and jannert like this.
  5. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Aww, I was touched by this @RachHP. :) You are a really great poster too. I like @The Mad Regent too, he's a good guy. I always enjoy @Steerpike and @minstrel, they are both very well read and clever chaps. @jannert is great for chatting about medieval stuff. @Mckk, I don't feel like I talk to enough - she always has something interesting to say. @Link the Writer is surely one of the kindest people I know, and either @Wreybies, @thirdwind or @Dante Dases are perhaps my closest friends on this forum. I always respect both their intelligence and integrity. @Lewdog, too, is always worth talking to I find. He's like me in some respects, though we disagree politically it doesn't get in the way of a good chat. And @Lea`Brooks and @GingerCoffee - both of whom I feel I really annoy sometimes, but honestly I love you both as people.

I miss @Swiveltaffy, too. What happened to that guy? He was awesome.

6. Lewdog

@The Mad Regent and @Quixote's Biographer Both took some of their precious time to give extremely detailed critiques of a recent short story possible exposition that I posted. It's a mess but both of them were able to shine the turd.

7. Masked Mole

Masked Mole Senior Member

Shout outs to Ladybird and Bayview!
    Ladybird is the nicest person ever. Bayview and I don't always agree on things, but she's very fair and often supports my posts.
    Lewdog is really funny as well. I love the signature. "Come ova here and give me kisses!"
    Thanks for the thread.

8. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

@RachHP has been a good friend to me since I first joined the forum, and she's been great support dealing with my anxiety and my frustration towards my dry periods (not writing), and I owe her a lot; she always makes me feel like my opinion is worth something.

@Wreybies for being an incredibly patient and forgiving guy, as well as intelligent and humble. Couldn't ask for a better mod.

@Lemex down to earth and very knowledgeable dude. Always has something interesting to say and doesn't take himself or things too seriously. Though, I've been a little concerned about his voodoo chants lately. :D

@matwoolf another down to earth and clever guy. He's always polite and easy going, and always adds something of substance to a conversation. Also, I love his writing style; it's unique and original, and his words are laced with complexity.

@Lewdog @No-Name Slob @Link the Writer @minstrel @Aaron DC all fun and humble people, both in writing and social conversation, who I love my late night 'that moment' banter with. It always leaves my day on a pleasant note.

I'm probably forgetting someone, but I'll add you later no doubt. :)

Now I know what it's like to be in the film industry. ;)

9. jannert

jannert Retired Mod Supporter Contributor

Oh, I'm not going there again, singling out people! I am very fond of all of you, which is why I stay on the forum. A great bunch of varied individuals. How's that for a copout??? :pop:

10. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

Since this is a writing forum, I'll say that if if I had to pick the best writers here, they would be Lemex, minstrel, EdfromNY, and TWErwin2. I'm sure there are other very good writers here. It's just that these four stand out based on their posts and/or their writing I've read.

11. Lewdog

Haha I didn't really mean to makes this like some of the other threads like "Who's your best friend" or "Who would you have a drink with," I really meant it as just a place to post something nice about someone. They don't even have to be in your circle of writing buddies, but maybe they made a post one day that made you laugh, or they gave you a good critique. Just simple things like that.

12. Lemex

Latine? et/και γρεεκ?

(I've been trying to learn Ancient Greek - this might be my third of forth attempt :3)

13. Masked Mole

Aaron Dc makes me laugh sometimes. He'll post stuff that's crazy.

14. Aaron DC

Aaron DC Contributor Contributor

I reckon @Aaron DC is fucking awesome, and he goes off like a frog in a sock in bed.

15. Lemex

Haha, ok, you've just made my awesome list for this.

16. RachHP

RachHP Senior Member

@Aaron DC is freaking hilarious.
    @No-Name Slob's misadventures are endearing. That girl needs her own sitcom.

17. Aaron DC

Oh shit this appeared at the exact same time my post appeared. No kidding. Cracked me up.

Assuming my post is funny, of course....

18. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

I love everyone on the forum. Sometimes you get on my nerves, but in the end I keep coming back.. :)

19. Masked Mole

Oh. And how could I forget Ivana and daemon? Those people rock.

20. The Mad Regent

The Mad Regent Senior Member

I was going to write something like this, but, yes, I thought it was a bit of a copout. ;)

But others had wrote something nice about me and so I thought it was only right to return the kindness. I don't think there is any particular pressure, though. I supposed it's just a thread to gives people the chance to say 'thank you' for making their forum experience interesting and fun. :)

21. Lemex

Also, forgot to add, @shadowwalker's posts are almost always worth reading, she's a very intelligent person.

Oscar Leigh and jannert like this.
  22. Aaron DC

So far, @jannert is the poster I am learning the most from, in terms of making and receiving critiques.

The rest of the interaction is icing on that cake of learning.

zoupskim and Oscar Leigh like this.
  23. Lea`Brooks

Lea`Brooks Contributor Contributor

Aww, I'm sure I annoy you too. :p But I genuinely enjoy conversations with you, and you often help me to see things from a different perspective. And I truly respect your dedication, your point-of-view, and you as a person. :) Same goes for you, @Lewdog!

@Mckk, @jannert, and @KaTrian are some of the most helpful people I've ever had the pleasure to come across. They share their advice freely and openly and seem genuinely happy to help everyone learn and grow while they're a member here. I'm thankful to know them.

@Link the Writer is truly a joy to see. He's kind, friendly, and entertaining to read. His posts often make me laugh, and I look forward to what he has to say next.

I'm sure there are others.. I just love all of WF! :friend:

24. Hubardo

Hubardo Contributor Contributor

I love this thread and most people here. Even the people I don't like get me thinking about why I'm being so reactive toward words on a computer screen.

25. izzybot

izzybot (unspecified) Contributor

@Aaron DC , @Masked Mole and @Hubardo are always good for a laugh and @BayView seems like an A+ cool person!