Scaredness!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jmitchell1986, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Edward

Edward Active Member

I have no problem with most bugs, I mean, I don't wanna touch them because I know anything smaller than me can bite me and I might retaliate, and therefor kill it (I had a bad experience with a gerbil. I didn't kill it, but it took a chunk out of my thumb.) and of course, because spiders big enough to be held are poisonous and covered in very painful little needle-like hairs. I mean, I catch fireflies every summer and like looking at butterflies and moths.

With that said, my biggest fear is the creepy disease spreading bug known as blottodae (looking that up on wikipedia to get the spelling right and seeing the picture makes me rub myself down). Yes folks, that's right, big man's afraid of cockroaches. Those ****ers scare the piss out of me. And for a long time my cat kept them away (I assume it was the cat), but then they came back for about two months, and I was literally afraid to go into the kitchen at night.

I think it's all coprophages, flies for instance, hate cookouts because of them, but mostly roaches. Before they mysteriously (and thankfully) disappeared from my kitchen, I went on a crusade of killing: see roach, grab paper towel, kill roach, squeeze towel to make sure the job is done, drop in trash can. I was once laying on the couch one night and saw a little silvery glint waddling on the edge of the couch in the light from the screen, when I noticed what it was I jumped up like someone shocked me and killed it as quick as possible. I then proceeded to douse the area of the couch with rubbing alcohol. I'm that crazy. I mean, I've eaten a meal worm covered in cheese powder, I've caught fireflies, I once rescued a huge (thumb sized huge) cricket-thing (it may have been one of those ugly beetles from my garage) from being washed down the bathroom sink, I've pulled slugs off of the back porch (that, my friends, is a difficult task). Roaches scare me, I have no reason other than they spread filth and look ugly, but that's enough for me.

2. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

I'm claustrophobic due to a bad experience as a child, and the same experience left me afraid of the dark but i've pretty much overcome that one now.

I don't really have any other fears other than being hurt emotionally, i'm pretty scared of that but I wouldn't call it an insane phobia or anything. I'm also a little scared of heights and needles but I wouldn't count those anymore because i'll tolerate them.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

I'm scared of dying a meaningless death. Sounds sad, but it's true. I'm also scared of the ignorance of the masses.

4. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Why does everybody else seem to have deep and meaningful thoughts except for me?

5. MedicMan

MedicMan New Member

Hehe my thoughts couldn't precisely be described as 'deep and meaningful' - what's deep and meaningful about being scared of heights? Lol :p

~MedicMan~

6. Raven

Raven Banned

In my Job nothing lol

7. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I fear man made hights... mostly more than natural ones!

8. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

I want to fly a F-22 Raptor. Nuff said.

9. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Run for cover! I went through a stage of wanting to be a fighter pilot in the RAAF. Then I found out that girls don't really get in and that you had to be , like, a genius at maths and such. Which I am not. So there goes that idea

10. MedicMan

MedicMan New Member

Hehe oh dear. Well if I get into med school I'm hoping to become an RAF doctor... I must be insane xD

11. adamant

I never said anything about being in an air force, I just want to fly really fast. :p A genius at math? Wuh? Don't see why they don't let women in the military, even the terrorists who feel they are unequal welcome them. In any case, I'm not being drafted!

12. JetBlack

JetBlack Banned

I fear living a life void of passion.

13. MedicMan

MedicMan New Member

Lol do they not let women in the Aussie forces then? In Britain they can join most parts of the military, barring the Submarine Service, Royal Artillery, and the Paras. In the RAF, the only think women can't join is the RAF Regiment.

14. adamant

So they can't fly, but can run around shooting people? Dunno why they can't do the other stuff too -- everything is tech based anyways, just commander whatever it is. Also, the anti-gay rule is at least 3 times as stupid.

15. MedicMan

MedicMan New Member

There's an anti-gay rule? Wow, we don't have that... And women can be RAF pilots, the Regiment is the ground-based bit (AA, airbase guards and all that)

16. adamant

Oh, I thought you meant just the people in combat (which, in that case, would be pilots). But yeah, we have this "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" rule with gays in the military. If they are found out, they are ejected from the military (supposedly for their own safety... though they can't buy the armor to protect them from bullets -- go figure). Apparently we've lost a lot of Arabic translators due to the legislation.

17. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

I can't remember the person that told me.. and this is going back about.... ten or so years, so maybe that's what I thought. But I'm pretty sure you have to have excellent grades in Maths in particular but not sure. I think I heard or read somehting about science being involved too.

But flying really fast.... hmm.... I don't know about that.

And being gay should have nothing to do with how well you do your job.

18. adamant

Nor should sex, but apparently it does in America. The melting pot is cracked.

19. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Ah well... two hundred, sixtynine days and thirty three hours till the world ends. Maybe then we get to go to a place where things don't suck.

I just find this world so infuriating. So much hate and anger, death and crime. I think I fear this world most and the fact that I may be bringing a child into this place.

20. adamant

Wouldn't that be 270 days and 9 hours? :) Unless we're referring to other planets in relation to Earth.

21. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Mner.... don't make my head hurt... as I said, I never was a math genius!

22. adamant

Can/do you keep a gun in your house? Had any local problems with hooligans and whatnot?

23. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

Australia has strict gun laws in place mainly ever since the Tasmainian murder spree by marten bryant that killed about thirty odd people.

I wouldn't mind learnign how to fire a gun, look after it etc as it would be useful research for my books but other than that, I would prefer not to have one... knowing me it would probably go off and shoot me instead of the intruder!

24. adamant

Now how would you manage that exactly? "Freeze, put the TV down or I'll shoot myself!"

Sadly, DOZ never understood why her TV's always seemed to vanish. I know I put it here yesterday. :(

25. SeaBreeze

SeaBreeze Banned

You meanie! :p Nah, besides, I tend to have mood swings so not having a gun in turn protects my family from myself!