Scarlet Nocturne (OOC)

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by lixAxil, Jun 14, 2013.

1. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

Name: Joe Edogawa

Appearance: 6'1, medium brown slightly spiky hair, brown eyes, kind of thick brown eyebrows, pale skin, he usually wears a long sleeved white shirt, a black zip up hoody, he wears a gold locket around his neck with the picture of his parents inside, blue jeans, and a pair of black and white sneakers.

Personality: To be revealed.

Background: He's a 17 year old boy, his mother and father passed away when he was 7, ever since then he'd been in an orphanage, until the age of 12 when a older noble couple adopted him, he was taught in a pretty decent school, he excelled in reading and writing, his favorite genre was mystery, so he began writing mystery stories, most of them were very obvious at first, some didn't make any sense, but his adopted father read some of them and gave him pointers on subtlety and keeping a consistent story, he continued writing, slowly getting better, each story began making more sense, the culprit harder to point out, he's managed to publish a couple of murder mystery novels which sold decently.

Art: Mystery novelist.

Expression: He uses his laptop or a piece of paper and a pen to write things down.

Skills: Projection- Whenever Joe writes a scene out and is concentrating hard enough it will project itself into the real world, but it will only display the information that he writes, meaning whatever he projects is only his interpretation of any facts that he is given, the projections are fake and cannot harm anyone.

JessWrite likes this.
  2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

Remember for now to introduce your characters into the setting.

Something like a brief background or story. Or the characters arriving the place, etc.
    Or perhaps something even of a totally different nature.

Is just to help the flow of posts, so things can move to the true setting

JessWrite likes this.
  3. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

Name: Jaharra

Appearance: Tall, with a slender build and dark eyes and hair. She wears a long black trench coat and has irregular tattoos all over her forearms in the shapes of dragons and fire. Always seen with two katanas and several daggers.

Personality: Stubborn, and borderline rude at times, she always challenges authority and refuses to believe that she cannot be the best in her craft.

Background: Born and raised in the poorer districts, her family pressured her to find a job or talent involving the arts -all to no avail. All of her mentors sent her back home, exasperated that the could not figure out how to hold a pen, paint brush, or musical instrument. Feeling guilty and useless for her lack of talent, she ran away one night.

When she had finally stopped in an alley, crying, a stranger approached her -threatening to stab her with the knife he held if she did not give him everything of value on her person.

Everything that happened next was a blue, for as the man came forward to hurt her, she lashed out. Taking his wrist and breaking it, then stealing his knife in one move, she had soon disarmed and had him pinned beneath her boot -a child of a mere ten years making a man of a good thirty and over a hundred pounds heavier- beg for mercy.

Her talent lay in sword fighting.

Art: Combat -especially with swords, daggers, and knives.

Expression: She moves in a kind of dance, her blades creating both an offensive and defensive barrier. When provoked, she invokes the spirits of the warriors in the past, and they manifest in her blades, making them either larger, smaller, or increase her speed or power. She cannot be hit by physical attacks -her agility is so high.

Skills:
    - Shadow Blade: Jaharra flickers in and out of visibility when she walks through shadows, increasing her speed and attack bonus. This move can only be used in dark areas, and is useless in bright places.
    - Fury: In defense against mental attacks, Jaharra goes temporarily insane and feels no pain, as well as having her speed increased exponentially. Her swords, however, shrink and turn to small daggers, forcing her into close combat where she can possibly be hit by a physical attack.

Other: Jaharra's swords are magnetic -so if any metallic objects are nearby she can borderline control them by making them hover around her before she makes them fly towards her opponent as weapons.

JessWrite likes this.
  4. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

"Everyday is a fashion show and the world is your runway..."

Name: Avalyn Fang

Appearance: Being the designer she is, twenty-three year old Avalyn loves to be unique and we're not talking the latest trends. Her outfits consist of some of the wildest combinations possible. Tribal prints, leather, and polka dots are her favorites. Wrapped up together in a dress! With a fluffy pink beret! And a sparkly scarf! But it's never as silly as it sounds; she somehow pulls off everything with class. You can't forget her hair either. Auburn mixed with her natural black, long and layered. She also likes make-up, including lots of mascara to enhance her asian features and brown eyes.

Personality: Opposite to her confident style, Avalyn is what you'd call a doormat. She's an easy target to be walked all over with harsh remarks and takes them without a fight. But while being nice, sweet, and an overall good person, many avoid her. Why? She's clingy, annoying, and in someone's business without an invitation. She highly values others opinions, most importantly of her friend Fritz...well, her only friend. Whatever he says is right and she agrees with him, no matter if she truly believes otherwise. No way could she lose his friendship after all these years. Avalyn fears that may happen someday and strives to keep him pleased with her. She's quick to lie and blame someone or something to make herself not look bad.

Background: Avalyn was different, odd, and weird compared to her three sophisticated older siblings. Even while young she adored fashion and often would cut up curtains, rugs, and even raid closets for fabric to sew. She made perfect clothing, but her parents weren't one bit happy with their problem child. One day they came to Avalyn with some troubling news: with such a large household, they couldn't afford to feed her. She was just one too many and deserved much better. (Dirty liars) So at the age of 11, Avalyn was sent to the orphanage where she'd get three meals a day from caretakers forced to tolerate her aesthetic. Avalyn didn't mind too much actually; in fact she loved making new friends. Until they started to ignore her. Months passed into years of awkward silences. And then Fritz came along...

Even with his constant negative feedback, Avalyn is determined to make Fang into a top-selling brand. Everyone will be wearing her designs; it's simply destined to be!

Art: Fashion

Expression: By using her 'special' sewing kit she can manipulate fabric and weave emotion.

Skills:

1. Emotion Control. Like all designers say, you must be one with your clothing! With Avalyn's special sewing thread, a certain color fabric can carry emotion with it. When someone wears her unique designs, they will feel that emotion. Yellow=Happy, Red=Anger, Pink=Love, Green=Jealousy, Black=Depression, ect. At times there are several combos, giving off a strange bi-polar effect. Though the feeling(s) only lasts until the garment has to go into the wash. Not everything she designs have these qualities, she chooses specific clothing.

2. Fabric Manifestation. Avalyn can make her designs come to life, literally. With a focused touch of her hand she can make fabric take on living form and obey her will. She does it with scarves especially and it acts like her pet. This ability could also be used as a weapon...clothing attack. (Trust me; you don’t want to be slapped, poked, pulled, strangled, or bombarded by angry clothes)

Other: Avalyn wishes to be liked for who she is, not only for what she does. That doesn’t seem to be in her future though, so she settles for being treated poorly. But at least she has Fritz…

Here's a peek at what her fashion designs look like :D

[​IMG]

She loves to mix patterns...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The more color, the better!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    Kingtype likes this.
  5. lixAxil

Hello people.

JessWrite likes this.
  6. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Yo sup Asune

7. lixAxil

Reading the intro
    Nice stuff, so far.

You working on yours with Jess right?

JessWrite likes this.
  8. Kingtype

Yeah I am.

We are just finishing something first.

9. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

My laptop is fixed! :D

10. JessWrite

Hey ya'll!

And that's awesome, Pheonix! Yay!!! :)

11. Kingtype

Dexter: Hey what the hell man!

Me: What?

Dexter: Why haven't you introduced me in this RP yet?

Me: Because your not in it. In fact I want you as far away from this as possible.

Dexter: What! Why? I've been doing this job longer then Pickles.

Me: Pickles isn't in it either.

Dexter: Then who the hell is?

Me: Fritz.

Dexter: The cat?

Me: No. Though that song would work for you if you were going on a rant.

Dexter: I don't say 'brother or bug out'

Me: No but have you fought many a good man, laid many a good women and you live life to the fullest.

Dexter: Anyway who the hell is Fritz?

Me: He's a man that is driven by his arrogance.

Dexter: Who this RP by anyway?

Me: Asune.

Dexter: Fuck that. I'm glad you made a new character. I still have nightmare's from that woman's RP's. (Dexter storms off)

12. SammyDeena

SammyDeena New Member

I need motivation!!! Friends, give me your power!!!

13. Pheonix

ok...

POWAH!!!!!

JessWrite likes this.
  14. lixAxil

I plan to mindblow the s*** of all of you with this RPG.

JessWrite likes this.
  15. Pheonix

You had originally posted this on RPGuild right?

Is it a COTU game? If I remember correctly, it was COTU 3 on there...

JessWrite likes this.
  16. lixAxil

It was a COTU game to go with the continuity. But couldn't do it there due to time issues
    But decided to scrap and take the same idea
    However the story was changed a lot, because I thought on something awesome.

So is no longer part of COTU

In other words, no fiction, fourth wall level mindfuck this time

17. Pheonix

So, the Spawns won't be showing up?

I am kind of glad about that :D

JessWrite likes this.
  18. lixAxil

Hey I love the Spawns D:

JessWrite likes this.
  19. Kingtype

Spawns are kick ass villains.

20. lixAxil

I don't think on a group of villains this time.
    More likely one or two antagonist for the main plot

Well asides from the main plot, there will be Co-Plot, as at certain point players will be allowed to create their own plot using the same setting.

The nature of Main plot will be revealed a little time after introduction part.
    However explanation and mindblowing stuff will came after the co-plot part, Still I love to give clues in a lot of moments, so I'll probably do it inside the co-plot

JessWrite likes this.
  21. Pheonix

I like em too... but they're crazy... :p

22. lixAxil

Well, they were born with the knowledge of them not being real, but just fictional characters.
    That's why they're a bit nut

JessWrite likes this.
  23. Kingtype

Me and Jess are almost done

24. Kingtype

Fritz!!!

(I'd introduce Avalyn with a song, gif and bolded title as well. But it wouldn't really be Fritz if this wasn't focused all on him)

"I've heard a lot of stuff about this city. Something about a devil phantom, some powerful family called the Eisendin and all other sorts of boring things. I say boring because now that I'm here everything that can be considered a force in this city has just became my bitch."

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdd3jbQxJe1qgwqw9o1_500.gif

(Oh the song isn't supposed to fit. Its just sunglasses and bad to the bone go together)

Attached Files:

25. JessWrite

http://youtu.be/O2wXoUjgEAk

"When Fritz tries to knock all the wind out of you; you've got to roll, roll, roll with the punches.
    If all Fritz offers is black and blue, you've got to roll, roll, roll with the punches."

:(