Scarlet Nocturne

Discussion in 'Archive' started by lixAxil, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Kaitou Wolf

Kaitou Wolf Active Member

"Uh... umm...." she mumbled.
    I laughed, and walked up to her, hand out.
    "It's okay," I said, helping her up. I handed her some food, and pulled out my camera.
    "Hope you don't mind, but, I decided to takes some photos."
    I shifted a bit, then smiled. "I don't believe I told you my name. I'm Romulus... er, Rom."

lixAxil likes this.
  2. Keitsumah

Keitsumah The Dream-Walker Contributor

"I-I'm Jaharra." she stammered, but once her eyes had locked on the food she dug into it ravenously. The memory of the pictures being mentioned didn't seem too important then compared to the hunger clawing at her stomach, but once she had wolfed down a hamburger and slaked the worst of it, she glanced to one side, the outline of her body suddenly rippling as if in a haze. Her ears changed until they were black and round like a cat's, swiveling around to catch whatever sound that a human normally wouldn't be able to catch.

"That's odd..."

lixAxil likes this.
  3. Kaitou Wolf

"What's wrong?"
    I spun around, lifting my camera to my eyes. If it were someone dangerous, I could blind them with the flash... Might even get a good enough picture to get a future flash.
    "Get near Sully," I told Jaharra. "If something happens, take him and run. He can protect you."

lixAxil likes this.
  4. Keitsumah

Jaharra nodded, shifting into her panther form and crouching next to Sully, tail-tip flicking left and right. Had her ears deceived her? Had she really heard-

Shing!

There was a flash, and Jaharra leapt forward before the throwing knife could clip Rom's camera. Catching the blade between her teeth, she leapt high into the air off of her one good fore-paw to dodge three more.

"Jaharra!" the two male voices chimed in tune, and the panther chuffed, dropping the blade and running up to the two men.

lixAxil likes this.
  5. Kaitou Wolf

"What the?"
    First and foremost, they almost wrecked my camera, and Jaharra is running up to them like some house cat.
    "Not to be rude... screw it, who the hell are you guys?"

lixAxil likes this.
  6. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Avalyn blinked at Nadia in return. Again, that word had been brought to the forefront of her mind, pricking her heart, sending a shiver through her. Why must everyone state the obvious? It didn't make sense!

Avalyn shrugged off her discomfort, clearing her throat. "Uh, yes, I suppose we should stop this..." Her gaze drifted to where Fritz was being pinned to the ground, the knife tip gleaming in the light. Avalyn's face hardened into a scowl and a burst of anger swelled within her. Without thinking, her feet carried her to Floss and she tapped him hard on the shoulder.

"Is this truly necessary?!" she shouted. "At least show some respect and listen before being hasty!" Her shrill voice echoed around the room, but whether she was yelling at Floss or Fritz, no one could tell.

mmarage likes this.
  7. Keitsumah

The two men turned at the exact same time, identical in every way except for the fact that one had a red hairband and the other had a blue.

"I'm Blade-"

"-and I'm Swift."

"We're the Twin Swift Blade throwers!" they said at the same time. Jaharra shifted into human form and tried to hug them both, but without her one good arm she could only hug Blade, then Swift. The twins looked at her, brows drawn.

"We'll have to bring you to the shadow-merger again-

"Yes to fix that arm."

8. Kaitou Wolf

A very catchy, somewhat annoying song complete with singing ponies popped into my head from who knows where. I managed to shake it out, and walked up to them.
    "My name is Rom," I said, holding out my hand. "Jaharra helped me out earlier... Glad she did, probably saved my neck. I'm a photographer, just got in from a nature shoot. Any chance you could show me around the city."
    Truth is, I didn't want to let Jaharra out of my sight. Not that I didn't trust these two, I just felt like I owed her.
    That, and she was a lady in need of help, and I have this thing about helping people.

9. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"Is this truly necessary?!" she shouted. "At least show some respect and listen before being hasty!"

"Yeah! Quit being hasty!" Fritz shouted from his position on the floor, Floss simply rolled his eyes and took his boot off Fritz the knife clicking back into place.

Fritz stood up and brushed his red suit off. He looked at the other faces in the room they were clearly just as annoyed and eager as he was.

"Fine....I'll play along, maybe. What's the score?" Fritz spoke with clear disgust at his own words.

Laplace nodded and his smile never faded as he spoke. "Glad to see we were able to get through to you. What I want is nothing terribly complex. I need a crew to perform a robbery for me."

Fritz's hatred subsided at this. His interest had been touched upon. "You want us to knock over a vault?"

Laplace chuckled. "No nothing of the sort. Priceless works of art are being delivered to the National Anheldrim History Museum. The Twin Dragons." Once again another well known name was spoken. Even Fritz in all his idiocy had heard of these paintings. They were apparently created over a century ago by an unknown artist whom attempted to bind his own soul to them.......or so the rumor goes.

What was fact and fake was up for debate. But no one could deny that the paintings were something special. Every owner of these pieces since they started circulating had died. By way of suicide. This includes entire museum staffs wiped out.

The only sorts of evidence found were the suicide notes. Each of them reading saying only one thing. "It lied to me."

"I can see by your faces you've heard of them. Good." Laplace said.

Fritz gritted his teeth. "And why do you want me to do this for you?" He asked curiously.

"I need a man and a group who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty. Floss will be going along with you for obvious reasons."

"And you'll give me what I want?" Fritz asked his face serious.

"What you desire? Yes I will and the rest of your group shall be handsomely paid as well."

It took Fritz all but a second to answer. "Fine I'm in."

As Arthur and Palms walked the streets predator eyes followed behind them.

A man in a police captain's uniform and face that was strikingly similar to Laplace's when one looked close enough. Though unlike the mobster this man's face was clear of any piercings, his skin dark coffee colored and oddly enough his hair was long, golden and flowing as if it belonged to a woman.

The man placed his lips on a whistle around his neck and blew. The loud noise of course alerted the two companions.

"Halt in the name of Johnny motherfucking law! Concert Hall Phantom!" He shouted ignoring Palms completely in his yelling. The man was familiar to both though. Morton Daemon aka Police Captain Morton aka Captain Crunch.

JessWrite likes this.
  10. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

A robbery? that's going too far and someone like me can no take such a risk as to be involved in a crime!! Thought Nadia desperately while bitting her lower lip...

It's risky but I have no other choice I have to do something....

"Wait a second!!! Mister Laplace!!" screamed the girl...

Sh.... I raised too much my voice, well it doesn't matter now thought Nadia

"I..I'm not with them... I just joined them for personal reasons.... A person like me can attempt to comitt a robery... Please excuse me from this task that only belongs to Mister Fritz, I won't tell anyone what you're plotting, I beg you Mister Laplace..." said Nadia in a raised tone, yet still maintaining that cute charm of her voice.

JessWrite likes this.
  11. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Arthur

Turning to the sound of the whistle, Arthur looked at the man, his expressionless mask was unnerving even without The Face That Stopped Them.

"I am no Phantom," he said, loosening the hilt of his rapier. "What do you want?" His other hand was already going behind his back, ready to grab Bird of Prey and make a speedy deathblow on the man. "Preacher, prepare yourself... Battle may be imminent..."

JessWrite likes this.
  12. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

"Hm... the mystery behind the paintings intrigue me... perhaps they were suicides?~ Perhaps murder? Oh maybe the paint inside of the painting has something inside of it to cause visual and auditory hallucinations, but of course to have them all hallucinate the same thing and leave behind the same notes are a million in one chance unless it somehow created a convincing illusion that everyone was fooled by." I said, forgetting about the actual robbery part momentarily, then I looked at Laplace. "Money means nothing to me, the ramifications of doing something like this are quite high, and the reward quite low in my opinion." I said, I would probably be a great asset in the heist due to the illusions that I could create.

JessWrite likes this.
  13. Exzalia

Exzalia Banned Contributor

"Halt in the name of Johnny motherfucking law! Concert Hall Phantom!"

"GAAAAHHH! how...how dare you...rape the english language, in such a deplorable manner!" It was the first time palms seemed to get physically upset. his face turned ready, his eye twitched.

He averted his eye's from the man, not willing to even look at him.

JessWrite likes this.
  14. JessWrite

As Laplace spoke, Avalyn's anger vanished instantly. The paintings...she'd heard of them. Who hadn't heard of the Twin Dragons?

But what surprised her more was the fact they were going to steal them. She'd never stole anything! Besides drapery, carpet, table cloths, curtains, rugs, fur, and recycled materials from dumpsters. But in Ava's mind those were considered free for the taking...she didn't steal them, necessarily.

When Fritz blindly agreed to the man's offer, her bruised forehead creased in confusion. Laplace did promise to give what Fritz wanted, which Avalyn thought good, but the situation...she thought bad. The aura in the room rubbed her the wrong way. It didn't seem right.

Clearing her throat, Avalyn stepped closer to him, forcing a smile. "Uh, Fritz...don't you think we should maybe think this over?" she said quickly and stared at the ground. "Just a suggestion of course."

15. Keitsumah

"My name is Rom," I said, holding out my hand. "Jaharra helped me out earlier... Glad she did, probably saved my neck. I'm a photographer, just got in from a nature shoot. Any chance you could show me around the city."

Swift took hold of Rom's hand and shook it, giving the photographer a huge grin. Blade smiled as well, but didn't shake Rom's hand.

"Halt in the name of Johnny motherfucking law! Concert Hall Phantom!"

"SOME-body didn't wake up on the right side of the bed." Jaharra muttered, turning towards the sound curiously. The twins were already heading towards the commotion, so she followed, expecting Rom to be right on her tail.

JessWrite likes this.
  16. Kaitou Wolf

Sully bounded after the trio, with me following him. I wondered if someone had taken a big dose of decaf coffee instead of caf. I know I get grumpy when I don't have my coffee the way I want it. Either that, or they didn't get what they wanted from the mall....

JessWrite likes this.
  17. Kingtype

Uh, Fritz...don't you think we should maybe think this over?" Avalyn said quickly and stared at the ground. "Just a suggestion of course."

"Avalyn this is a chance for me to get everything I've ever wanted. Everything you've always wanted for me. I can't pass a chance like that." Fritz said glaring at her. "If you don't want this then get the hell out of this room!" He shouted.

How dare she try to stand in the way of he'd worked so long for.

"Money means nothing to me, the ramifications of doing something like this are quite high, and the reward quite low in my opinion."

Laplace blinked at Joe's reply. "You seem to be more noble then a good deal of the others in this room. Well Mr. Fritz seems to be in. Am I to assume you won't be joining?"

Fritz snorted walked up to Joe's face. "Hey! Don't tell me your chickening out now! I need a crew you know? Like this asshole said!" He shouted pointing at Laplace.

"I..I'm not with them... I just joined them for personal reasons.... A person like me can attempt to comitt a robery... Please excuse me from this task that only belongs to Mister Fritz, I won't tell anyone what you're plotting, I beg you Mister Laplace..."

Laplace cocked his head. This girl was certainly the oddity in the group and despite his looks Laplace was smarter then he looked. "You may not get yourself involved but....my business isn't finished with you. Miss Nadia."

"Hey! Hey! Hey!" Morton shouted at the new arrivals and the weapons being drawn. "You do know I'm an officer right?" He asked looking at them all. "We've been getting calls all day of the Phantoms, big cats and all sorts of things roaming the city. I decided to check it out and I must say I'm pretty damn pleased at what I found."

His eyes were wide with sinister intent. Though he made no obvious attempts against any of them. "You're all under arrest." He said with toothy grin. "Hahahah does my heart good to see dirty criminal face." This man wasn't quite right in the head clearly.

JessWrite likes this.
  18. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

Fritz snorted walked up to Joe's face. "Hey! Don't tell me your chickening out now! I need a crew you know? Like this asshole said!" He shouted pointing at Laplace. I put one finger on his chest and pushed him back to get him out of my face. "I never said that I was going to go along with anything or not, I merely said that money is not worth this, you should probably think of the possible ramifications of doing this action before just running right into it, you're stealing priceless cursed artwork that's heavily guarded, you could go to jail for the rest of your life, you don't have any sort of safety net, and you shouldn't rely on Leplace in the event you and anyone else gets caught, he won't want to get anywhere near you guys due to the heat that would be placed on him..." I said, I looked at Laplace.

"...That said, I want a favor, not now, but whenever I ask for it, but I also want it in a legal binding contract, that favor that I will ask for, you will do as long as it is within your power to do so, you may not refuse it, no matter how crazy, strange, or dangerous it may sound, I will want a copy of that contract as well." I said, if I was lucky I could bring it into another person's wish and let it help me with my wish, if it didn't, then if Fritz got his wish, then at least I'd still have a favor from a very powerful man.

JessWrite likes this.
  19. JessWrite

Avalyn swallowed hard at Fritz's yelling. No matter if she felt the scheme unwise, of course she would never walk away. Even if she did, where would she go? What would she do? Who would she be, without Fritz?

Still the whole situation made her stomach tighten in knots. The man, Laplace. She'd had a bad feeling about him since they'd walked through the door. He had a strange aura, almost as if he was hiding something. And why in Anheldrim did he want those cursed paintings?

Avalyn sighed, resting her chin in her palm as her eyes drifted to Nadia. The girl was backing out. Avalyn knew she was not the type to go on a robbery either, but it didn't seem fair. If she was stuck going, they all should go! Including the little girl. Besides, she didn't want to be the only female.

Walking nearer to Nadia, a gentle smile spread across Avalyn's delicate features.

"Hello," she said, her voice soft and sweet. "I understand this is a big thing they are asking of us, but...um, why don't we show these tough guys how strong girls can be? I'll be right here with you, maybe we could help each other."

20. lixAxil

"Hello," she said, her voice soft and sweet. "I understand this is a big thing they are asking of us, but...um, why don't we show these tough guys how strong girls can be? I'll be right here with you, maybe we could help each other."

Who….

Who…

Who, Who, Who, Who, WHO, WHO, WHO, WHO, WHO, WHO, WHO

JUST WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?..

ARE WE SOME KIND OF FRIENDS OR PARTNERS AT SOMETHING?

OR PERHAPS ARE WE BLOOD RELATERS OR CO-WORKERS?

NOT AT ALL, YOU’RE JUST A COMPLETE STRANGER I WASN’T EVEN PLANNING TO MET THAT DAY AT THE CONCERT HALL. EVEN IF YOU WERE TO HAD DIED THAT DIE, I WOULDN’T HAD CARE AT ALL!!!

SO WHY DO YOU THINK I’LL ACCEPT THIS IDEA? ARE YOU SOME KIND OF RETARDED OR WHAT?

IF I COULD I WOULD BEAT YOU DOWN IN A WAY EVEN WORST THAN YOUR LOVELY BOYFRIEND DOEEESSS!!!!

Obscure, irritated, aggressive thoughts freely swarmed on the mind of Nadia, yet of course her face didn’t reflected them at all, not even a millimeter of that face changed.

“…I..I.. don’t… want to, this is too risky… and I have no reason to be involved in a crime like this….Think on my position… I can’t afford this to happen to me…. I’m sorry…” said Nadia apologetic on a sweet innocent tone.

I can’t be part of crime, in no way, my name is clean, even if I did that thing, no one knows it…..

No one knows it?....

I was forced to say it on the concert hall…

So all those that were there know it…….

Nadia bite her lower finger at this thought…

I…I have to silence them somehow….

JessWrite likes this.
  21. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

"You're all under arrest." He said with toothy grin. "Hahahah does my heart good to see dirty criminal face."

"Under Arrest? You couldn't arrest me if you wanted..." Arthur said. "But why, pray-tell, would you want to arrest us?" he asked, flicking the hilt of his sword so that it shot out of the sheath, then catching it nimbly into a fencers stance.

JessWrite likes this.
  22. Keitsumah

"You're all under arrest." He said with toothy grin. "Hahahah does my heart good to see dirty criminal face."

Jaharra paused, eyes narrowing at the stranger. "What is going on here!?" she snapped, baffled. The twins took up their places on either side, their expressions and exact mirror of the other's.

JessWrite likes this.
  23. JessWrite

“…I..I.. don’t… want to, this is too risky… and I have no reason to be involved in a crime like this….Think on my position… I can’t afford this to happen to me…. I’m sorry…” said Nadia apologetic on a sweet innocent tone.

Avalyn's heart twisted at Nadia's rejection; inflicting a constant reminder of her past.

In reality, she didn't want to commit a crime either. But to Avalyn, if she was given no choice, then Nadia didn't have one either! The girl couldn't run away from the situation or make excuses. She HAD to do it. She MUST. Depsite the fact she didn't know her at all, Avalyn would not let her say no!

With a renewed fire in her heart, she took a step closer, her innocent face portraying one of a desperate beggar. "But...I'm sure you're a strong girl! Even stronger than you think." Avalyn brought her voice down low, brown eyes glistening with tears. "If for no other reason, please....please do it for me."

24. lixAxil

"I refuse...." said abruptly the girl evading the glance of Avalyn...

Hum... people like you can't do anything alone, forced always to depend on someone.... so miserable... thought the girl while avoiding Avalyn.

"...Why... should I do this for someone I don't even know?...." asked Nadia finally, yet maintaining her composure and the same tone of her voice.

JessWrite likes this.
  25. Kingtype

"I never said that I was going to go along with anything or not, I merely said that money is not worth this, you should probably think of the possible ramifications of doing this action before just running right into it, you're stealing priceless cursed artwork that's heavily guarded, you could go to jail for the rest of your life, you don't have any sort of safety net, and you shouldn't rely on Laplace in the event you and anyone else gets caught, he won't want to get anywhere near you guys due to the heat that would be placed on him..."

Fritz snorted at Joe as he pointed out the things he'd overlooked. But Fritz's pride would now allow Joe to have the satisfaction of being right. "You're just a coward." Firtz snorted out into ugly mutter as he backed away from Joe. That guy had some sort of death wish.

"...That said, I want a favor, not now, but whenever I ask for it, but I also want it in a legal binding contract, that favor that I will ask for, you will do as long as it is within your power to do so, you may not refuse it, no matter how crazy, strange, or dangerous it may sound, I will want a copy of that contract as well."

Laplace blinked and Joe and started laughing wildly. "Hahahaha a bit cliche don't you think? Asking the crime boss for a favor. To bad I don't have a daughter then I could do this." Suddenly Laplace put on his best Italian accent. "You come to me on the day of my daughter's wedding and ask me to kill a man whom I do not know....heh....hahaha." Laplace laughed for a few more moments and nodded his head to Joe. "In all seriousness if you perform this operation. I will be in your debt. So very well I will help you in what way I can."

"Under Arrest? You couldn't arrest me if you wanted..."

"Want to bet?" Morton asked

"What is going on here!?"

'
    CLICK'

A handcuffs went around the wrist of Jaharra. "Got a warrant for you to miss fucking slick." Suddenly the cop turned back toward Arthur and pointed a big finger towards the masked man."Phantom MAN!!! YOU SEE MY POWER!!! I've easily arrested this chicky as well!!"

Morton had no indoor voice and the anger towards the group was a clear as ever. A truly unrealistic type of person. "I can arrest whom ever I please I'm the law but I came here to confront you all for two reasons. One being the law and the other!!! Well lemme arrest you and you'll find out."

JessWrite likes this.