Scarlet Nocturne

Discussion in 'Archive' started by lixAxil, Jun 20, 2013.

1. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

"Hmmm." Fritz hummed at the commotion his own head far to filled with own desires to be taken by the music. Though he could certainly feel something attempting to push him into a trance. Though that was not hard to deduce looking But as he saw Nadia fly into the wall no emotion showed on his face as he clapped. "Impressive kick! 10 points!." He shouted down at Elean from the carpet.

Fritz's teeth gritted at Elean after the show of respect but he spoke in a calm voice. His mind fresh with the idea that this man had stolen his thunder. He completely ignored the comments the conductor had made about murder and Avalyn's reaction to events. Fritz jumped off the carpet and landed on his feet in front of the stage.

He landed as if no pain had shot through his legs but it did he was just to angry to notice it. Fritz looked up into the eyes of Elean. "Despite your good foot work. I'm afraid we can't be friends. You stole the show only I can do that." Of course to most people what Fritz was saying would make sense. He then looked over to the wall that Nadia was laid up against. "I might just help that girl because of your insolence."

JessWrite and mmarage like this.
  2. lixAxil

lixAxil Self-Proclaimed Senator of the RPG subforum. Contributor

The only words of Fritz caused a reaction.
    A metallic sound that resonated through the concert hall.
    The lady of the clarinet, not holding a clarinet this time, but a revolver on her right... no, her left hand aimed at Fritz's head.

Elean smiled and then he asked to the man

"I only have knowledge of important people.... so.....who may you be?..."

However he raised his middle finger and pressed his forehead...

"...I bid your pardon... It doesn't matter who you are. Yet you're already a participant... you withstood the Scarlet Nocturne's first effect, thus you are not a nobody.."

3. Kingtype

"Wow hey!" Fritz said raising his hands at the woman. "I just said I might help her."

His vision then turned back to Elean. "My name is Fritz and I'm the most important person there is. Even if people have yet to realize it." He continued. "Anyway you showed me up and I can't really abide you doing that. But I don't want to die by getting shot.......then again." Fritz hummed out with a bit venom and fear in his tone.

His eyes started to glow behind his sunglasses as he stared at the woman and camera which had various things on the screen slipped from under his screen. He was using his skill called Visionary to try and cloud the woman's mind with the images his camera could project. It would make the woman's greatest desires come to life in her own mind. But he was doing it more so to see how it would effect someone like her.

But even as he did it he kept talking as if nothing was amiss. " I don't care was your babbling about. So either tell me how I can can gain more power in this city or just keep flapping about pointless things so I can grind my boot across your face." Fritz was ready to try and pull his revolver his effect did not work on the woman. Though he even questioned himself at this distance.

4. mmarage

mmarage The Detective Contributor

I didn't clap, I was waiting for something to happen the whole time through the song, I felt a wave of emotions flowing through me throughout the song, I fought with all of my might not to get sucked into the trance along with my step parents and the people around me, I had a truth that I had to know... I looked around surprised when no one had applauded the orchestra, I watched confused as the woman in the blue dress, Nadia, was lead to the stage and was kicked to the wall, I got up immediately. "H-Hey, you can't do that to a defenseless woman, have you no shame?!" I asked outraged. "Do you even have proof of her guilt!?" I asked, pointing at the man on stage, I had not yet noticed that no one had even stood up to agree with me... I would have been sure that my step-parents would have agreed with me at the very least.

JessWrite likes this.
  5. lixAxil

The woman of a short brown hair, dressed in a black dress, matching all the other performers. Started to sweat a bit.
    Her hand gripping the revolver trembled, and then she slowly pulled it down.
    Her own mind tried to resist the effect of the camera, however after withstanding the Scarlet Nocturne, she felt very tired, thus unnable to do it.
    In other words she was half facing a vision and half into reality, yet this was enough for her to drop her weapon...

Elean smiled...
    "I see, so that's a nice expression... Is she dreaming or something like that?. I can guess it due to her face..."

The face of the woman reflected a very unique expression.
    One could call it, the true face of horror and hate, or something similar.
    A face that reflected a junction of negative feelings, so scary to watch it continuously..

"...No, perhaps you're showing what she wants the most... that would be to sadistic too?... You will drop in fear if you were to see what she wants to..." continued Elean.

I don't care was your babbling about. So either tell me how I can can gain more power in this city or just keep flapping about pointless things so I can grind my boot across your face."

Elean closed his eyes...

"Calm down, I was about to enter into that. Is the challenge of the Scarlet Nocturne after all.... You'll see-......." Yet he was interrupted by the words of another person who withstood the song

"H-Hey, you can't do that to a defenseless woman, have you no shame?!" I asked outraged. "Do you even have proof of her guilt!?"

"..." The man headed toward the boy who screamed...

"Those are brave words for someone who reflects fear as you... I'm impressed..." Spoke with sincerity the man, then he turned again facing Fritz.

"I bid your pardon... Fritz, wasn't it?... But I think that to expose her guilt is necessary..."

He then asked to one of the performers behind him, the man without an instrument, the man with the brush.

"Vasco, can you help Maria please??"... asked the man before walking to the body of Nadia.

Vasco assented with an expression that said "What a bother".
    He then raised one of his brushes and painted a symbol right into the head of the woman.
    As soon as he did that, the woman returned to her senses, shaking completely. She showed a bit of confusion, but quickly grasped the situation and took her revolver again.

Then the body of Nadia passed right in front of them flying and landing into the stage. The man violently grabbed and threw her mercilessly...

"You'll see boy.." said the man heading his face to the boy who screamed before.

"She is a very horrible person... It's a sad tale. But..."
    Elean walked toward the body of Nadia

"Out of control..."
    He kicked her at the side, the girl replied throwing blood from her mouth and moaning uncomprehensible sounds.

"Stabbed.."
    He kicked her once again

"Her own..."
    And once again kicked her

"Father to dead..."
    And again, and again

"A little time after her mother died..."
    And with a final kick he threw her out of stage, falling into some of the seats.

The man breathed heavily, then continued...

"But that wasn't enough.... she played with the weakness of a old man like Lord Eisendin.... and contemplate the outcome... He is dead now.... Such a shame for the heir of the Eisendin, don't you think?"

6. mmarage

I ran down to the seats where Nadia had landed and stood in front of her and the man, wanting to protect her from this strange man, I glared at him. "I will not allow you to keep harming this woman, all I've heard so far are baseless accusations, where is your proof that this woman committed murder?" I asked angrily, if she was indeed guilty I wouldn't let him continue harming her, I'd rather have her live out her prison sentence instead as she deserved, he had no right to harm or kill her.

JessWrite likes this.
  7. Kingtype

Fritz whistled out at the brutality. "What is a Scarlet Nocturne?" He asked as he climbed up on the stage though he didn't seem all to concerned with Nadia. "And a bit vicious on the girl huh? Besides who care if she played with the feelings an old man? I mean the bastard was old right? So therefore he'd of been dead anyway. She only pushed him along."

Fritz was simply stating the obvious. "As for her father and mother......that's pretty low. Fritz's rage started to get the better of him as he remembered something about his own life. Fritz ignored Joe and turned back to Elean. "Tell me something. Can I gain anything from killing or beating this girl?" He asked

8. lixAxil

"That's easy actually..uuum... your name?...." said Elean.

"Vasco, would you do me the favor?..."

Then the strange man of the brushes, a blond man with a pale face dressed with a black tuxedo got close to the body of the girl.

The man raised a brush, then he spoke revealing a very disturbing voice, between comical and severe

"... My painting is an art... I can produce sounds, music with them. I can remove sickness, remove illusions. I can force pictures upon this reality, truths..." said in an almost poetical tone.

"...If you excuse me kid... I'll paint her forehead with the painting of the truth.... She will only speak truth, and feel a very deep pain while trying to lie..."

Elean then interrupted him...

"No, Vasco, I want her to repent from her sins.... Paint her with the truth, but lock her to be unnable to tell her own viewpoint...... Oh and you can heal her, I don't want her dead, she is a participant of the Scarlet Nocturne after all..."

Vasco assented, with a face of bother, then he spoke to the boy..

"Would you please step aside??.."

"Quiet!!" exclaimed Maria aiming her revolver to Fritz once again, making sure to not fail upon his trick anew.

"Scarlet nocturne is a known legend, how could you not know it??" asked Elean almost in sequence.

9. mmarage

I glared at Vasco, and shot a quick glare at Fritz for what he said about trying to gain power by killing Nadia. "...If anymore of you make any attempts to harm her I will not hesitate to harm you." I said, I knew that I wasn't a great fighter... but a good illusion will work well enough, not a lot of people knew about my own expression... so if I could create a realistic illusion then I could probably scare him off and then escape with Nadia, I stepped aside. "I just need them to not pay attention to me and I can begin writing the escape plan..." I thought, clutching the book and fountain pen tightly.

JessWrite likes this.
  10. Kingtype

"Dammit don't ignore me nor talk to me like I'm damn child!" Fritz shouted pulling out his pistol and aiming at Joe and Vasco.

His head began to start pounding as he felt a headache come upon him. "Just great..........." He muttered.

"I want some answers or at least I wanna know what options will benefit me in the long run in this situation. So conductor." He said to Elean in a menacing tone yet kept the gun trained on Joe and Vasco. "Should I the kid or your pal there? Start giving me reasons why just shouldn't kill everyone in here or something for not respecting me."

11. lixAxil

The man called Vasco smiled.
    Although a sincere smile, it was a scary one when placed upon his pale face.

He then raised his arm, a brush in hand the one quickly descended upon the forehead of the girl.
    At least four different symbols were painted in quick succession. The man was truly a master of his art.
    As soon as he finished, the expression painted on the forehead of the girl shone. It was the same expression used during the performance to produce sounds and melody, making him a perfect member for the philharmonic.

The girl's wounds slowly recovered themselves, and she recovered her consciousness while slowly standing up.
    Yet as soon as she looked the man in front of her, not Vasco, but Elean, fear stroke her whole body and she collapsed, tears filled her face...

"Go on, ask her... Oh right we need a proof..." said Elean.

He then got close to Nadia, the one tried to get away from him, but as she was on the floor she was unnable too.

"Nadia dear, this is the game. You tell me a lie, if not..."
    The man produced a revolver and aimed at the girl's forehead.

"I'll shoot you down..." said with an smile, only replied by the extreme look of fear in the face of the girl.

"Question... where are we now?. Remember you have to lie..." said Elean

Nadia nervously tried to reply, then her voice, a beautiful voice mixed with several gasps and hiccups...

"The c... No!, No!!.... We're... in my house... yes my hou..."
    But she was unnable to continue, as an excruciating pain assaulted her, making her scream and fell to the floor adopting a fetal position, trying to cover the pain that traveled her whole body, it only calmed after a while...

"You passed the test!!! Now you can tell any truth you want to..." said Elean wearing the same smile...

He then faced the boy..

"You haven't told me your name yet... anyway, feel free to ask her whatever you want to."

"I want some answers or at least I wanna know what options will benefit me in the long run in this situation. So conductor." He said to Elean in a menacing tone yet kept the gun trained on Joe and Vasco. "Should I the kid or your pal there? Start giving me reasons why just shouldn't kill everyone in here or something for not respecting me."

Suddenly the sound of a trumpet echoed in the concert hall...
    The fourth man of the philharmonic that withstood the Scarlet Nocturne stood up, right behind of Fritz.

"This is the song of war...." said with a very deep tone.

"It has no power, I just like it to introduce myself..." continued the man

"Angelo I'm called.... and please don't kill anyone, not yet at least..."

"Or I have to kill you, which I don't want, because you're a participant. Just wait until Elean deal with the boy"

On a closer inspection, it would be revealed that under the legs of Fritz a black circle popped out of the blue, waiting for the command of the man.

12. mmarage

"...My name is of no importance to you." I said glaring at him, I looked at Nadia concerned. "...Nadia, did you manipulate Lord Eiseden and murder your father? And if so, why did you do it, and how?" I asked, Nadia could only tell the truth, but she could probably only tell her truth, if she truly believed that she committed murder and manipulated someone then it would be the truth to her, I knew that it might just be a long shot and that I could possibly be completely wrong.

JessWrite likes this.
  13. lixAxil

"...Nadia, did you manipulate Lord Eiseden and murder your father? And if so, why did you do it, and how?"

Nadia was struck of fear... the question so sudden made her face to go pale.
    She sweated...

"Grandfa...ther?... My father?..."

She then screamed

"No! I did not!!! I-mm..."

She couldn't continue, the excruciating pain stroke her again

"I didn't k...AAAAAAGGGH!!!"

No matter how much she tried, the pain negated her lies.
    After several failed attempts, she lied silently on the floor covered by her tears.

She then spoke while crying

"I did it... I kiLLED HIM. I KILLED HIM!!!!!" and then her voice was carried away by her cry.

14. mmarage

"How and why Nadia? This is very important, don't leave out a single detail." I said, if something that she said didn't fit then she could possibly be innocent and if not then I can at least hand her over to the authorities without any qualms.

JessWrite likes this.
  15. lixAxil

"I... he...." Yet she was unnable to continue....

"What's this?..." said Elean... "Was it that strong Vasco?.."

Vasco shaked his head...

"Is porportional at how much she denies it, and her own self-steem. She is just so weak that she will be unnable to speak out of the fear of her past..."
    He then spoke to the boy

"Is of no use, she will barely confess or deny for only certain events. Don't expect a full explanation from her.... I'm surprised she even withstood the effect of the song..." said Vasco

"OH!!! But that's the good part.." interrupted Elean

"I feared she would just fail. Then I would had been forced to kill her... But as she withstood it, I won't have too, she'll have plenty of time to repent for her sins...."

16. Kingtype

Fritz was caught off guard by Angelo and turned around on a heel to face the man. His eyebrows raised. "The hell? Don't you have any manners! What if I would kicked your teeth in?" He asked as glaring at the man. Fritz slipped his gun into his holster and looked at the door. "I'm leaving."

He was fed up with this pointless showdown and he hardly cared for the fate of Naida. Fritz began to walk away. Since everyone was there he could always go raid the Eisendin family home or pick pocket some people. Since money was power. "Hey Mister Angelo come and find me when your done here. We can talk like business men."

"For now I'll leave you people to your petty trials."

17. lixAxil

Before Fritz reached the door, Angelo made sure he could hear him.

"Scarlet Nocturne triggers the truth of something, but that truth can be reshaped. This is a test to reshape the nature of the world.... In other words, you can modify your story...."

18. Kingtype

Fritz stopped. "How do you mean?" He asked. "Like I can modify my life how I please?"

19. mmarage

I looked at Elean. "What do you mean?" I asked, I had heard some man say something to the other man that had interrupted the orchestra earlier, but I merely ignored it, I hated that I couldn't confront Nadia about all of the facts, or at least what she supposedly did or why.

JessWrite likes this.
  20. lixAxil

Elean smiled

"I can finally go on to the next point... the Scarlet Nocturne..."

He took a deep breath and told the details

"You know the tale right? A sheet separated into pieces that reveals a truth once played, yet promises a bitter ending if the song is incomplete right?.... The thing is that I've been recollecting the sheets for a very long time... My wish was just a simple curiousity, that's all, a curiousity that I shared with some friends, like Vasco, Maria and Angelo. I wanted to know, how do the true nature of this world work like?."

He then looked at Nadia...

"However something shocked me... the unexpected dead of Lord Eisendin, this event would strike me so hard that it shook all my ideals.... So a new priority was created... to get revenge against Nadia Eisendin... Hence I stopped to seek for the pieces and decided to just play them all in the next art exposition, with the excuse of it being the will of Lord Eisendin, which is not a complete lie.
    Now Angelo here is a fellow close to the church's guys. He investigated things a bit and discovered nice stuff about the Scarlet Nocturne... Apparently the bitter ending is a test. If one plays the incomplete melody, the truth will be forced into a test that can modify it. However only those capable too do it, will have a chance to. I was amazed, could a simple melody reshape the structure of reality to that point?
    So with all this in mind, the fate of Nadia was bound to two options. One, she is unnable to enter the test, then I just kill her. Two, she is able to, making me wanting to test her resolution, the same resolution she had to commit murder.
    However I assumed that she wouldn't be the only one able to, hence many would participate into the test of the Scarlet Nocturne, testing also how strong my conviction was. I also considered that some of my friends or even I would be not able to participate."

He then pointed at two entranced persons within the philharmonic.

"Adelle and Mark were unnable to for example. Yet Maria, Vasco, Angelo and I withstood the melody, we qualified, just like all of you..."

He then closed his eyes and took another deep breath...

"In other words, the crime of the girl shook my original plan and forced me to do a bit of gambling... But I guess it's better. What use would have to know what's the nature of the world while being unnable to do anything against it?... I think is better if any of us is allowed to modify it..."

Then the words of the man were suddenly interruped by the very earth that shook with rage. A very strong earthquake was shaking the whole city...

"Wooopsss... seems that it's beginnninnnng!!!!" said Elean while trying to maintain his balance.

Outside the concert hall, a few who were still conscious were shocked, not at the earthquake, but at their sight of the sky.
    After all a very large gap was draw upon it, splitting the night and leaving a single scarlet line that crossed the sky right into the center marked by the concert hall...

Then after five minutes of violent shaking, all calmed down

And the Scarlet Nocturne played once again, coming out of nothing.

Elean smiled...

"It seems that the melody is calling for us... But there is no rush... after all, there isn't a time limit, it doesn't matter anymore.."

21. lixAxil

This post was a clone, ignore it.

22. mmarage

I held onto one of the seats to maintain my balance and topple to the ground, I let go as the shaking subsided. "S-So, if one of us finished these trials, that means that we could reshape the world completely, in our own image... whoever got through the trials would basically become a god." I said.

JessWrite likes this.
  23. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

Avalyn

Meanwhile, Avalyn was still levitating in the air on the decorative carpet. From her bird's eye view, she'd seen all the happenings in the room, including the brutality on the young girl. She'd heard the threats, the arguments, the questioning. Booming voices bounced off the walls and carried to her ears; words spoken with confidence.

Or was that fear?

Avalyn didn't quite know what to make of it all since her headache had grown worse, making it hard to think. As she watched Fritz, she decided it would be best to get closer to the action.

Giving the carpet a light pat, she guided it towards them...well, at least she tried. Halfway there, the room rumbled and her focus was lost. The stubborn carpet took a turn for the worst, giving a steady decline. As she dug her fingernails into the fabric, Avalyn screamed loud enough for all to hear.

She shielded her pretty face with a hand as she was guaranteed to hit the ground. Maybe even die. At the thought Avalyn gasped. What would Fritz do without her? She couldn't die!

Avalyn pushed herself foreword, using what little effort she could. Somehow a miracle happened and she managed to get the carpet level. After giving a happy sigh of relief, Avalyn then saw the reality of her situation. She'd ended up making head way for the group gathered.

The beating of her heart quickened with her momentum. She tugged on the fabric again and again in a frantic motion. Right, left, back, front; she swerved.

But couldn't stop!

Her eyes grew wide as she thought of the only thing she could do.

Jump.

Avalyn barely had time to breath as she jumped from the speeding carpet, landing in a miserable heap at Elean's feet.

"Never again will I do carpets," she said, followed by a groan as the carpet fluttered to the floor and fell on her head.

mmarage likes this.
  24. Kingtype

Fritz grumbled to himself as he saw his dear friend crash in front of his new possible business partner.

He stalked over to her and placed on hand around her wrist. Fritz jerked her up to her feet. His face was red with irritation, embarrassment and....nervousness!. "Ava! Are you crazy!" He shouted shaking her. "You nearly got yourself killed and you rudely scuffed our new friend's shoes." He went on. "I outta pound you." Fritz's worried look was short lived as it turned into a scowl.

Fritz karate chopped her in the forehead at high speeds as he always did. "Stay behind me. If what these guys are saying is true my dreams are now in reach." Satisfaction began to bubble into his stomach. He so close to becoming all that he claimed to be. "Imagine it Avalyn my name in the spot light. Keep talking Elean how do I make my wish come......" He looked Avalyn for a moment. "I mean our wish come true. You said its calling where do I go?"

25. Amelyn

Amelyn Member

Josh stood in his colour trance unable to peel himself out of it. He watched as the girl was beaten and painted and watched the pain that she was in but couldn’t move. He saw the carpet and the lady fall from it, the man that rushed to her seeming rescue and finally the man who had conducted the philharmonic. He saw all and heard all yet was unable to move, to respond. That was until the earth shook beneath him. It was like being awakened from a dream, pulled from a nightmare and he fell to the ground gasping.

When the shaking stopped he stood on wobbly legs and dusted himself off. He crept from behind the curtains of the stage and made his way to the front row where the girl lay in the fetal position. He took off his jacket and placed it around her shoulders, whether she was cold or not. He didn’t know what else to do. The men seemed to be having a fight over who had the bigger manhood and he wanted nothing to do with that.

The colour from his trance was starting to wear off and return to normal until the music started up again. This time he was able to resist it and the only affect it had was to plunge his world into greys, except for those special few. He had no idea why this was happening to him but right he knew he needed to focus on the girl, she was the brightest in his dim world and for some reason that meant something to him.

“Are you ok?” he asked quietly as he crouched next to her. He reached out and felt her head before tearing a piece of his shirt off to wipe away the sweat.

JessWrite likes this.