School Days.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by cutecat22, Sep 21, 2014.

1. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

You quite clearly have no idea what you are talking about :D

2. Swiveltaffy

Swiveltaffy Contributor Contributor

I know it's complicated and there is a lot of grammatical nuance, but as a language (and since I can only speak from an English perspective) it is pretty interesting. Ok, maybe conjugating isn't fun. I'll let you win that.

3. Nilfiry

Nilfiry Senior Member

My favorite part about English was the fact that I was always done with everything in half the time that it took everyone else and still almost always had a perfect score, even in post-secondary classes. One of my English teachers felt that I was a bit too... arrogant or condescending because I always sat around, never took anything seriously, and never did my homework (not that I had it often). I have to admit that maybe that judgment was right on some level, but what else can you do? It did not help that the standards in my area were low, so I still got stellar grades despite half-assing everything. I could see why, however. It was pretty saddening to see high school seniors--native English speakers and avid readers no less--make elementary spelling and grammatical mistakes.

Needless to say, I usually ended up with a lot of free time in my English classes, which translated to more time for me to write something of more interest.

cutecat22 likes this.