Tags:
  1. MoonWriter67

MoonWriter67 New Member

Zombie Virus Name

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by MoonWriter67, Apr 9, 2011.

OK, so I'm planning out a zombie story. It's probably going to be a short story, it depends how long I can keep it going. But, one thing. I need a name for the virus, because one side of the story is about a group of survivors and the other is about a bunch of scientists attempting to find a cure. Can anyone here give me some inspiration? Help is appreciated!

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Don't get hung up on names. If you don't have one that satisfies you from the outset, just give it a placeholder name and fix it later. Call it Mephisto or something and then do a global replace in your manuscript when the name you really like pops into your head.

And it will pop into your head, soon enough.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

3. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

Do you have any names for things already in your stories ? Do you want, humouros, historic sounding etc ?

4. Ellipse

Ellipse Contributor Contributor

Are you asking for a scientific name or sort of like a nickname? If you want a proper scientific name you would probably need to research a latin dictionary. Or give it a designation like ZB-100. If you want a nickname, you could call it anything you want. Hyperflu, the Jones, Biter's Disease, the Reaper Virus. :) Whatever you can think of.

5. tcol4417

tcol4417 Member

The name for your virus is essentially a prop. I would personally recommend that you avoid attributing the zombies to a virus at all, or at least mask the source.

This is because things are always scarier the less you know about them.

If you must, then I would recommend either naming the virus after its discoverer, development ID (serial number? Hex code?) or chemical composition.