Science Fiction (I Need More Knowledge)!!

Discussion in 'Research' started by Scorpius1988, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Sketching Girl

Sketching Girl New Member

I think space travel like in Star Wars, etc, does seem impossible at the moment, though we have taken first steps with it travelling slowly. If you imagine back to the times depicted in the Hornblower TV series, their ships move slowly and need the wind to help direct them, otherwise it's putting the whole crew to rowing them along! Nowadays we have submarines, speedboats and jetskis! In a way, in writing science fiction we are attempting to predict what future space travel will look like, much faster I would think, mirroring the advancement of ships in the sea. It's kind of educated guessing I think!

2. digitig

digitig Contributor Contributor

Orpington, Bromley, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    I know that the last successful invasion of England was in 1066, but that doesn't mean I was around for it! :p

3. Sketching Girl

Sketching Girl New Member

LOL, ok, I guess saying I wasn't born til after the events was a pretty lame excuse for not knowing what happened! I should have researched them! :p

4. Radrook

Radrook Banned Contributor

One or two subscriptions to a scientific type magazine will keep you up to date and provide a treasure trove of material for your Sci Fi extrapolation purposes.