1. Kieran

Kieran New Member

Kieran, the little dark one

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kieran, Jul 17, 2016.

Hi!

I'm a guy in my early 30s and, apart from school work, I have been creative writing since I was 14 though more actively since I was 19. I'm a very passionate writer and prefer writing fanfiction - but I mostly create my own characters into the universe in question. There are only a couple of canon characters I have ever been truly interested in writing about: Barty Crouch Jr. from the Harry Potter series, and Peter Pan from the original books by J.M. Barrie. The Harry Potter universe and story has been by far the most inspiring and closest to my heart after I found it in 2004. Peter Pan follows as a close second, and his fan I have been since the late '80s. Although I was probably read the book to as a child I was a huge fan of the Disney animated version because I was, like, 5-years old back then...And as an adult I have pretty much hated that Disney version, especially after I re-found the books' awesomeness some time in 2005 I think.

I've also been forum roleplaying since 2003 which quickly became my dearest hobby and I have actively roleplayed all these years in both fandom games and real-life settings. I also enjoy making fan videos (since 2006, though less actively for the past few years), and graphics for my websites and sometimes generally for people to use as signatures on forums. So, I'm a passionately creative/artist soul and a fan.

I enjoy horror genre and have created a werewolf child character into the Harry Potter universe, but I don't write purely horror stories. I think mainly general fiction which includes a lot of different genres.

2. Sal Boxford

Sal Boxford Senior Member

Welcome, Kieran! Had to google Barty Crouch Jr - goes beyond my rather shallow knowledge of Harry Potter. I can see how there could be a lot to explore with that character.

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  3. Kieran

Kieran New Member

Thank you! :)

Yes, I love how Rowling told so much about him and his family yet still so little, and in a way that can be interpretted in many different ways. Barty Junior is a perfect character for fanfiction! :D

4. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Afternoon Kieran!
    Lovely to see a kinda sorta minor character appreicated! Those sort of characters (especially when they aren't considered good) are often very interesting and leave lots of room for the imagination. See you around!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  5. Kieran

Kieran New Member

Thank you!

Yep, I've always been drawn more to minor characters or those with little to no canon establishment. The original/book's Peter Pan being one of the very few exceptions, because he's just utterly interesting and fascinating in psychologicy terms. Although I don't actually write about him specifically as he is too much a fairy tale character as in barely human due to having "run away as an infant", but rather about my own AU version who is a more human and set in modern days...But still, the basic psychology and themes of the story remain and I love to dig into them. ^^

But by far the most inspiring to me are my own original characters I've created into the Harry Potter universe. So, from me can be expected some Harry Potter fanfiction and Peter Pan AU fanfiction based on the book, if I ever post my stories here. If someone is interested before that and as I certainly won't be posting all my stories here, my pen name in Fanfiction.Net is WolfAngel'JR. (Right now I don't have any book-based Peter Pan there but I will some time in near future.)

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016
  6. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

I'll check out some of your stuff!

Oscar Leigh likes this.
  7. halisme

halisme Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the forums. @Oscar Leigh should be along soon to hand you your straitjacket soon.

8. Kieran

Kieran New Member

Thank you! :)

Oh, and by the way...

Awedome! Thanks! :) But please do note that all of the stories on my Fanfiction.Net account right now, are several years old - like, from 2 to 6 years ago. That is they do show my writing style in general and such, but the quality of my writing may have improved since. As lately I've only been RPing, though I do constantly have plans and projects for solo writing too...So I will be posting new stories there as well as here, at some point. ^^

Last edited: Jul 17, 2016