1. ManicHedgehog

ManicHedgehog Member

Screenplays permitted?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ManicHedgehog, Nov 4, 2009.

Can we post screenplays here? That means a full script, plus cinematography/direction. I have a finished screenplay of about 3,500 words I would like to share, but I don't know if formatting will be too much of a hassle, or if we're even allowed to post screenplays.

Thanks in advance!

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

We do have a section for Scripts in the Review Room. However, that's a lot to ask people to critique. You should stick to posting short excerpts instead, as is true for any lengthy piece of writing on this site.

Remember, the Review Room is a critiquing workshop. If you are posting this only to share it, please use your member blog instead.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

also, why would you want to post a complete work, when being available for free on the internet can harm/kill its chances of being sold?

as for formatting, the only problem in posting parts of scripts is that the indents for dialog will be lost, so it all ends up at the left margin... which is no big deal, since we'll assume you have it properly indented in the original...

i check the script section daily, since i mentor many aspiring screenwriters, but i'm only one of a few who do, sorry to say, since most members don't write them and are thus more interested in the other parts of the site...

btw, when writing spec scripts, you shouldn't be including any camera directions...

love and hugs, maia